Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Randomness

image

Gelato from Gnam Gnam in Greensboro, NC

1.   Whole Foods.  It just opened in Greensboro a few of weeks ago. THANK YOU Corporate Director of Marketing and Demographics for seeing the potential, opportunity and need here in Greensboro! Amazing croissants. Liked their olive bar. The bright green olives are my favorite I will get the name of them next visit. Cheese counter was smaller than expected BUT they had nice variety and carry types you cannot find anywhere else in Greensboro. And they carry Bailey Hazen Blue! Their Bakery cakes were pretty and unique. Floral department rocked. Loved all the tulips. First time I’ve seen a Granola bar. They even had Gelato. Sorry, not impressed with their Gelato. I think we’ll stick to Gnam Gnam.   Now if the Demographics and Marketing Gods could just see their way to bringing a Trader Joes here, I would be a happy girl.

image image

2.  If I was having a Cinco de Mayo Party today, and I’m not, I would have thought ahead and ordered these decorations.  ($11.99 for all 6 from Celebrateexpress.com!)   Instead, I am thinking about trying a new recipe for these Margaritas.  

3.  I think it’s very strange, ironic, and unsettling that when you boil a pot of eggs for hard boiled eggs they make a chirping sound. 

image

4.  Mad Men.   Zou Bisou Bisou. 

5.   Wedding in Chicago this summer at Navy Pier. Looking forward to it.

6.  I was listening to NPR on the radio in my car the other day and Marilu Henner from Taxi was the guest.  She is one of 12 people in the world who has something called HSAM: Highly Superior Auto-biographical Memory.  It is the rare and incredible ability that allows her to vividly recall every detail of her life since childhood.  She even remembers what day of the week her memories took place.   To listen to her was fascinating.  She has a new book out called Total Memory Makeover where she talks about her incredible memory and how you can enhance your recollection of the events in your own life.  Might be fun to pick this one up.

7.  Husband snores.  Becoming a problem.  Can you help?

8 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Very interesting post. We don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo either, but I do have hispanic men in my yard once a week! Hubby snoring... sleeping pills for you or the guest bed. I gave up and decided that my sleep was more important than worrying about leaving our bedroom! I snore, too, but he's hard of hearing.
When do we celebrate "Multi-background Day"? I'm Scottish, Irish, Swiss & French!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Unknown said...

Castelvetrano Olives :)

Susan said...

Lisa...."cracking up" about the eggs! And I just want to go to a Trader Joe's someday...it's on my bucket list. :)

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

We have a TJ's about 5 miles from us, and they are moving about a mile north to NH . . . where they can sell beer & wine! Stupid Massachusetts!!!! The new one is going to be huge!!! I can't wait!!!!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

YES! That's the name of the olives. They are so good! Thanks for giving me their name. I am almost out and will be getting some more this week.

Southern Bella said...

Hey Lisa!! Just found your blog today and am having the best time reading your posts!! LOL and getting hungry from your recipes! Just started a blog myself and getting inspiration from you for future posts, especially your random facts.

Robin ~ Southern Bella

P.S. Adding you to my blog list!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my the ice cream. I adore Trader Joes.

Might a trip to the doctor determine whether hubby has sleep apnea. Also sometimes just the loss of 10 extra pounds helps. But he may be as thin as a rail.

The Sabbatical Chef said...

Where are you? Hope all is well...