Friday, April 8, 2011

Bird Nest Cookies

Bird Nest Cookies 021

I saw these Bird Nest Cookies the other day over at Tip Junkie and tried them out last night. They could not be any easier. Tip Junkie made hers with Chow Mein Noodles and Butterscotch Morsels. I instead used Pretzels (got to love the salt with the sweet) and Semisweet Baker’s Chocolate.

Bird Nest Cookies 031

I did a test batch to start and only made four nests. I melted 2 of the Baking Chocolate Squares and mixed in a couple handfuls of broken pretzel sticks and mixed them together till well coated. Then I dropped some of the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and formed into a nest shape. Then I added 3 pretty blue Jelly Belly Jelly Beans for the eggs. M and M’s would work here too or any egg shaped candy.

Bird Nest Cookies 035Bird Nest Cookies 027

These are a fun and easy Spring time treat and just in time for Easter.

And thanks to everyone for all the kind comments to my posts earlier this week. Life got back to normal once the new hot water heater was installed. Husband is back from his business trip and the electricity will never be taken for granted again! Furniture Market appears to have been a busy one which is good news for our area. I am beat and so glad it’s Friday!! Have a fun weekend everyone!

I have linked this post up to Centsational Girl's Easter Inspiration Party.

12 comments:

Flavia Galasso said...

They 're so cute..and a great idea for Easter gifts, have a nice weekend you too...ciao Flavia

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

I love these! They turned out really cute. I've seen the version with the chow mein noodles but haven't ever thought of using pretzels. I may give this one a try! I'm glad Furniture Market appears to have been busy and successful. Now, if only they could bring back all the furniture jobs that moved to Mexico, the High Point area could be a booming town again! Enjoy your weekend.

Melanie said...

You always are making something cute! (and sweet)

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have had. Sorry that I haven't stopped by. I didn't even know.

Hope you have a great weekend.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Adorable, you always seem to find the neatest desserts. These are perfect for spring.

Anonymous said...

OMG... going to forward a link of this post to my daughter... she and my grandchildren LOVE making things like this. Too cute.

DI

Jo said...

You know I'm going to have to make these ~ sweet and saltly are my favorite!

Have a wonderful weekend~
Jo

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love salty and sweet!!!

I will definitely be making these this week...thanks for sharing.

janet xox

http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE these! I'm so making these for Easter! What a great recipe.

Have a wonderful week, and if you'd like a snack, please stop by!

Jessa said...

Very cute! I am going to have to try this!!

Decor To Adore said...

Adorable. Creative. Genius.

I am having a spring craft linky party and giveaway on my blog this Friday. I would love for you to showcase this wonderful project.

Details are on my blog today.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I sooo want to make these! I bought the speckled mini Whooper eggs to make mine. I thought I had the bag hiddent well, but my dang kids found the bag and ate them. Now I can't find them at Walgreens! Guess I'll have to use jelly beans like you or M&M's. Oh, and I like the idea of pretzels better, too. Salty and sweet - a winning combo!

Thanks for sharing.

Gen said...

those are so cute! great job