Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little Late to the Silver Party

silver 007

I am just a little late to the Silver Party.  I keep finding pieces of silver at the Goodwill and bringing them home with me.  This week I was tickled to find a pair of salt and pepper shakers.  They are made by Oneida and in decent shape…there are a few spots on them that I haven’t been able to remove with my silver and tarnish remover but overall I am happy with them.  I paid $3.99 for the set.  I also added a couple of bows to my sugar bowl from a few weeks ago.  I am getting closer to getting that bowl turned into a pin cushion but I still have to find a small piece of fabric for it.  And truth is…I haven’t started looking yet!

 silver 001

I also picked up this wine/champagne bottle coaster at the Goodwill before Christmas.  I just forgot to show it to you and today seemed like a good day to do it!  It has a beautiful grape vine pattern and I just love it.  It’s a bit of a pain to clean and polish but worth it.  I paid $4.99 for it.  A good deal don’t you think?

silver 003

How’s that for a close up???  (I love using my Windows Live Writer Program!)  There is lot’s more silver to see over at Gypsy Fish Journal where Gypsy Fish is hosting her Silver Sunday Party.  Stop by for a visit.  I am on my way over their right now!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Silver Sunday. I love using those wine bottle coaster thingies. :) Great buys!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I like those wine coasters. I will have to watch for those. Great finds.. happy SS!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty silvers.
Happy Silver Sunday.

sissie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love Live Writer, too, Lisa! I think it actually makes my pictures look better. Love your sugar bowl with the ribbons and your wine coaster/holder. I love these pieces with the details to them.

Sue said...

Great silver especially the salt and peppers....I just don't have good luck at GW...I found some ceramic candlesticks there last week..with a few chips but they had black and white checks on them and they were marked $2.97...when I got them to the registar they said that was each not for the pair.....I quickly put them back...they have crazy prices by me.....

Marla said...

I posted a pic of a wine coaster too, that I found at GW. I have never had one before, but I really like the way it looks, I also have some napkin rings that have the grapes on them. Love the shakers too, I would so buy a pair of those if I found them. Nice to meet you. Marla

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Oh how gorgeous! Your pieces are just lovely and I adore the bows on the sugar bowl :).

Karen said...

It's always surprising to me the beautiful silver pieces that people are willing to part with. Silver polish people! It's quick and easy to use.

Marigene said...

Love the wine coaster...great deal!

Jane said...

Great finds and great prices too. I love the salt and pepper shakers.
Jane

Allyson said...

Seriously, every time I pop over here and you've scored some great Goodwill find, I get all green-eyed monster jealous about how much our Goodwill just sucks donkey nuts. I mean, the best I can hope to walk out with is a nice piece of string art (probably of an elephant) or a yellow and brown plaid couch.

I LOVE the sugar bowl and think it would look equally fantastic as a pin cushion. Looking forward to more silver finds!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on Kathy 5 THINGS feature. I think this is my first time to your blog. I am now a follower. I love that stool.

FYI-I have a FUN month long give-a-way going on.

Cheri

EnchantedBella said...

Beautiful silver!!! Better late than never. Happy SS
Rebecca

Sherrie said...

As you can tell by the name of my blog, I love Goodwill. Even more I love sharing my finds, okay more like showing of my finds. What can I say. By the way, yours are great.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Gypsy Fish said...

That's gorgeous....I can't believe it was a goodwill find! You must have a good one around you...lucky girl! Thanks for coming to the party...see you next Sunday!
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Paulette said...

Lisa--What's your recommendation for a good silver polisher? I use Yankee cloths,but I have a bunch of cutlery that needs dunking and I"m not sure what to use . . .