Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burlap Wine Bag for Halloween

Burlap Wine Bag 039

Well, the opinions varied but I appreciate the comments on my last post about whether or not I should add a stencil to the Burlap Wine Bag I made a few days ago. The majority said “STENCIL IT!!! “ So I did!

Burlap Wine Bag and mini lamp 035 Burlap Wine Bag 016

Before After

Burlap Wine Bag 038

It was a quick and easy addition. I did a google search for Halloween Witch Silhouette and found the witch I liked best and I printed it out after I played around with getting it just the right size. Then I cut out my own stencil with this:

Burlap Wine Bag 041 Burlap Wine Bag 043

It is the neatest little tool. It allows you to burn your own stencils and works just like a wood burning tool that came in those wood burning kits that I always wanted when I was a kid. I purchased it at Michaels earlier this year with a 40% off coupon of course and you can buy the blank stencil sheets there too. It’s very easy and very fun to do. After I burned the the outline of my witch I used it as a stencil on the top of my wine bag.

Burlap Wine Bag 029

And you know about my fascination with numbering everything. Lucky 13 was just what this bag needed. I have been asked several times where I got my number stencils. I purchased a set from MAISON DE STENCILS and I also have a set from STENCILS ON LINE .

Burlap Wine Bag 031

There were a lot of suggestions that I add a monogram to the the wine bag. That’s a good idea and I hope after I get some more bags made that I can make a few with monograms But for now I wanted something seasonal. Burlap and Halloween just go hand in hand don’t you think? Thanks for all your great ideas!

I am linking this post up to Just A Girl....STop by for more Halloween Decor Projects.

And I am participating in the FALL FESTIVAL over at The DIY Showoff. You have to stop by and check out all the projects!!

And I am joining in the fun over at Thrifty Thursday over at Tales from Bloggeritaville. Looking for some Fall and Halloween ideas? Come take a peek!

13 comments:

sissie said...

I love your burlap wine bag. It's just darlin with the witch and the no. 13. What great gifts these will make for Halloween parties.

Great idea.

hugs
Sissie

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I think it looks great and the stencils are really cute! No. 13 made me chuckle:@)

Snappy Di said...

I LOVE IT! Totally LOVE IT!

Jo said...

Love,love,love it!

What a fab hostess gift. It would be perfect if you were going to attend someones Oktoberfest. I just know the hostess would love it ;)

Jo

Christine Trebendis said...

The stencil looks fabulous. Thanks for the info on where you purchased it. You always have such great ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.

Rachel H said...

You are totally getting me in the Halloween Spirit!!! :)

Jennjilla said...

This is just too cute! I'm a wine rep, and I'm always giving wine as presents but faced with the challenge of making it look like I exerted more effort than walking over to my wine racks and picking out a random bottle. I think this bag would be adorable w/ a monogram - very perfect for shower presents, etc! Great idea! Please post how you made the bag, I'd love to try and make one, too!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Lisa, I love the stenciled burlap bag. How cute is that. Isn't this weather delightful!!

Manuela@TPOH said...

I really like it stencilled! Very cute and would make such a great hostess gift!

Manuela

Chris said...

One of my favorite Halloween projects! This is TOO cute, and I'm already thinking of all the friends I can make them for. Thanks for sharing!

Rita @ TesoroFino.com said...

Love, love, love it!!! I love using the burlap for this time of year. Be sure to visit my tutorial ~ Vintage Inspired Pantyhose Pumpkin; you'll be glad you did. Be sure to VOTE! There's a voting button for a Decorative Pumpkin Contest. Vote for Tesoro Fino and show your support. Thanks for sharing your talents and inspiring me!

Sarah - Citified Country Girl said...

How festive, I'm loving the stencil.

Debbie said...

That is so cute. Really a great idea...burlap is so much fun to work with.