Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tiramisu Dip

Tiramisu dip 019

I made this last night for a party.  It’s really rich and delicious.  Give it a try when you want to make an appetizer that is also a dessert.

Tiramisu Dip

12 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)

8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 tablespoons brewed espresso (I used dried coffee mixed with some water)

2 tablespoons  Kahlúa

1 teaspoon cocoa powder

1/2 cup finely chopped bittersweet chocolate  (I used Scharfen Berger)

Place mascarpone in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add ricotta, sugar, espresso, and  Kahlúa. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.

Spread the mixture on a shallow  serving dish and dust with cocoa powder, then sprinkle chopped chocolate over cocoa. Serve with strawberries or assorted cookies.

The recipe calls for a  container and a half of mascarpone cheese which is expensive!  For mine, I used just one container so that it was equal parts mascarpone and ricotta cheese.  I can see why the extra half container would be nice.  It’s a texture thing.  My dip had more texture from the ricotta cheese and I can see if there was more mascarpone cheese that the dip would have been smoother.  But as far taste goes…it’s delicious if you go my way using equal parts to save some money. 

5 comments:

Lynn said...

This really sounds great, it would be fun with strawberries for Easter:@)

The enchanted home said...

WHOA! I would love this, have no willpower around tiramisu what a yummy sounding dish!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks delicious, Lisa! I'd be afraid I'd eat the whole thing myself!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I've died and gone to heaven. I will be bookmarking and making this for Easter.

Ti said...

I would be the gal, sitting by the dip with a spoon. Shame on me!