Sunday, December 2, 2012

Vintage Wood Seat Folding Chairs

Mason Jars 072

These folding chairs have been a work in progress for a while now.  So while I hate to part with them, I am happy to get them out of my garage!  They were delivered to Rustic Romance and I hope they make a great addition to someone’s home.  If anything, they will make great extra seating with the holidays coming up.

They were pretty beat up when I found them, one more so than the other but with some black paint and little bit of elbow grease  they turned out better than I had hoped!

Rustic Romance 5 003     Rustic Romance 5 005

The frames of the chairs were metal but the seats were wood and one looked like it had been left outside in the rain a time or two. At first I tried to spray paint them but it wasn’t sticking in some places and looked blotchy.  So instead I used black chalk paint (not chalkboard paint) because I needed something to stick to the metal and I didn’t want to have to prime them.  It worked and I gave each chair two coats of paint. 

Rustic Romance 5 007      Rustic Romance 5 017

Next I pulled out a new stencil that I had ordered from Maison de Stencils. 

Rustic Romance 5 014

I decided to stencil the wood seats and I also added some numbers to each chair back.   Then after everything was nice and dry, I added a coat of wax to all parts of each chair, let it dry, and buffed it off. 

Mason Jars 061

And there you have it.  One of a kind folding chairs.   I am so happy with how they turned out!

I am linking up with The Sunday Showcase Party over at Under the Table Dreaming.  Come see all the great projects there!

6 comments:

Ti said...

Wow! I can't believe they are the same chairs!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They turned out beautifully, Lisa! I love them! I'm sure they will sell fast. I would have a hard time parting with them, too.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh I love the way those look!! :) Happy Monday! xo Holly

MsAnnieBelle said...

Hi Lisa! This is a pretty awesome transformation. Great work!

Not sure if you remember me-- I used to blog at Living with Annie many moons ago.

Just wanted to say hi and let you know I started a new site- anniemade - hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Best,
Annie

Jo said...

Love, love, love!
Seriously, this is the best idea I've seen in a l o n g time!

Jo

qu42blue said...

These are a true masterpiece.