Saturday, August 15, 2009

The 2 Week Party is Finally Over

Love this! The 2nd week of my birthday festivities finally came to an end yesterday with a lunch at one of my favorite restaurants called Liberty Oak, here in Greensboro, NC. My good friend "M" planned the whole thing and there were about 11 of us enjoying, salads, wraps, salmon, and several Sgt. Pepper Sandwiches. (A Sgt. Pepper was turkey and sharp white Cheddar with red pepper jelly on a warm croissant...delicious!) There was more cake. This one was a rich Chocolate Chambord Cake with thick fudgy icing and fresh raspberries on the top. I have been eating cake...really good bakery cakes for about two weeks solid now. :) and :(. My other cake looked just like the one in the picture from my previous post. It was a Strawberry Butter Creme Cake with fresh strawberries inside the cake. Heavenly good! Anyway enough about cake....I have had my quota for all of 2009.



After lunch, three of us, M, J, and I decided to head over to Simple Kneads Bakery and pick up some fresh bread. This bakery is such a wonderful addition to Greensboro. It is right downtown but so worth the drive for real bread and pastries. I'll be posting about this great place one day soon. So after picking out our bread, J and to leave so M and I headed over to Mary Contrary which is a delightful boutique that had unique things for your house, jewelry, and clothing. (Click on the shop's name to visit their cute shop's website.) Under a display table that was set with colorful dishes I spotted the hand painted floor cloth in the photo above! It was painted by an artist who lives and works in Southern Pines which is right next to Pinehurst (for all you Golf fans) here in North Carlina. Her name is Gwen Dumas and if you click on her name you can view some more of her work on her blog site. I think you can guess where I am going to put my new floor cloth. Happy Birthday to Me! My Birthday is officially over....really!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--at first I thought the rug was the cake! Kept looking for the fresh raspberries! Rofl! That is SO cool and will be perfect for you laundry room.

I am so impressed with your blog, Lisa! It is such a fun way to keep up on things. Can you do them so ONLY friends that you approve of, can read. I really don't want it to be too public cuz of clients, etc.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.