Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pomagranate Martinis

I know it is only Tuesday but who couldn't use a great martini recipe? Besides, it gives you the rest of the week to shop for the ingredients so you are ready for Happy Hour this weekend! Anyway, as promised here is the Pomagranate Martini recipe that I served at my Bunco party this past week. It was the first time making these and they were really, really, really good. :) I will give you the recipe for making two (because who likes to drink alone? ;) and then also give you the recipe for 20 which serves a crowd, is easy to make in advance, and is guaranteed to make everyone happy. CHEERS!


Pomegranate Martini (for two)

2 oz. Orange Flavored Vodka

4 oz. POM pomegranate juice

2 Tbsp. simple syrup*

1 oz. Triple Sec

juice of 1/2 of a lime, squeezed

Sliced limes for garnish

Mix all ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and Pour! (When I make this size I consider a oz. measurement = to 1 shot glass full.)



Pomegranate Martinis for a Crowd (serves 20)

5 Cups of Orange Flavored Vodka (1 and 1/2 bottles)

10 Cups of Pomegranate Juice (1 and 1/4 bottles 64oz. size of Pomegranate Juice. I got mine at Costco.)

1 Cup Simple Syrup*

1 Cup of Triple Sec

Mix all ingredients in a very large container. I split mine into two pitchers. Chill in refrigerator till party time. Optional: Run the edge of a lime around the rim of a chilled martini glass and then dip in sugar. Pour and garnish with a slice of lime. (I did not include Lime Juice in the Party Size recipe. I didn't have enough limes and nobody missed them! ;)


*Simple syrup is easy to make. Take equal amounts of water and sugar and put them in a saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil and stir till all the sugar is dissolved in the water. Cool. That is it! Store in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lisa--gotta' get the triple sec--am thinking of using my raspberry flavored vodka. I'll let you know how that turns out. :)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Mmmm....raspberry vodka in these could be very interesting. Please let me know how they taste!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....very good, Lisa--even with berry vodka! Here's one for you:

Chocolate Raspberry Martini

Mix equal parts of Stoli Razz, Chambord and Godiva white chocolate liqueur in mixer with crushed ice. Pour, drink, enjoy. Reminds me of the "hummers" we used to get at the Old Mill.