Monday, January 3, 2011

Crock Pot Chinese Chicken and Broccoli

 

Chinese Chicken 003

Need something quick, easy and delicious for dinner this evening?   Here is the lost recipe for Chinese Chicken that I used to make years ago .  I did a happy dance today when I found it in one of my many stacks of cut out recipes that I have been collecting for years.  Everyone likes this and we have missed it.  Today it saved me from a last minute dinner scramble.  This came together so easily with 3 rotisserie chicken breasts that I picked up from the market.  I was going to make Chicken Enchiladas with them but then I thought this might be a nice change of pace.   The  recipe can also be made with frozen chicken breasts which is how I used to make this but it would need to cook for most of the day in your slow cooker.  You can use cut up pieces of fresh chicken if you like  and then cook them for most of the day as well.   With the cooked rotisserie chicken, I was able to put it together in the slow cooker at 2:00 in the afternoon and we were eating it at 5:00pm.   

Crock Pot Chinese Chicken and Broccoli

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts (I pulled the meat off of 3 very large, fully cooked rotisserie chicken breasts )

1/2 cup of soy sauce

4 Tbsp. brown sugar

4 Tbsp. water

1 clove garlic, pressed or minced

2 tsp. ground ginger

1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)

1 bunch of broccoli, steamed

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.  Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic and ground ginger.  Pour mixture over the chicken.  Cook on High for 2 1/2  to 3 hours.  Serve with steamed broccoli and rice.  We especially like this with Jasmine rice.  Enjoy!

Chinese Chicken 002

6 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

This sounds like a wonderful recipe. Thank you for sharing it.

:)
ButterYum

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Mmmmm.... Sounds wonderful. And pretty easy to boot. Can't beat that one. I am going to try this out on Wednesday.

Verde Farm said...

Looks so good LIsa. I have also been looking for a good chicken enchilada recipe too so this is a timely post. Thanks so much lady :)

Anonymous said...

That. Looks. Delicious!! Thanks for the recipe.

Di

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful recipe, even for someone like me who doesn't like to cook. I will certainly give it a try in the next couple of days!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Anything that goes in a crock pot and saves time I'm all for it. I make my pulled pork in the crock pot and get raves on it. Will definitely give this a try. Looks delicious.