Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tomatoes and Mozzarella

image image

I am not sure how I missed this cookbook because it only came out in 2006!  It’s called Tomatoes and Mozzarella by Hallie Harron and Shelley Sikora.  There is a wonderful local gourmet kitchenware shop here in Greensboro called The Extra Ingredient.  I am on their newsletter e-mail list and received something from them today highlighting some of the recipes that can be found in this book.  The photo above is for their Flaky Tomato Tartlets and Crackly Basil.  I have to make these! 

So the plans for today are to hit the Farmer’s Market for some tomatoes.  Last time I was there I found a vendor who sells the most unusual heirloom tomatoes. Incredible flavor and they came in all kinds of colors.   (The tomatoes in my garden are pitiful!  The deer finally found my garden and what hasn’t been munched down to the ground by them has been choked out by the $#%&^-ing Bermuda grass.  That stuff is evil!)  And then I plan to stop by The Extra Ingredient and get a copy of this book.  It also has a recipe for making a Balsamic Vinegar reduction.  I am going to be all over that too!

1 comment:

The enchanted home said...

YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!! Looks and sounds amazingly delicious!