Friday, November 30, 2012

Making Chalkboards

Rustic Romance Chalkboards

Here is what I have been working on this week.  Chalkboards!  I have been re-purposing some old pictures with frames and freshening up the frames with some paint and then covering over the artwork with a couple of coats of chalkboard paint.  Let me show you some of the ugliness that lies beneath on the “Baby it’s cold outside” piece. :)

Yellow Chalkboard 003     Yellow Chalkboard 025

Quite the transformation if I do say so myself.  I also scored some amazingly old and in great shape Mason Jars that I am busy with.  I hope to have something to show you in the next few days on that front.  I am so happy the weekend is here!  I haven’t even started decorating the house yet for Christmas.  I am hoping to catch some seriously lacking Christmas spirit soon!  How about you?  Are you all decorated and ready for the holidays this year? 

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your chalkboards, Lisa, and what you put on them! I'm done here and it's simple, but I still have a Christmas feel and it will make it easier to put it away.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love your chalkboards! Those came out great! I've been wanting to chalk board something around here! lol. A few months ago when it was still warm out I did a couple old shutters and a couple vintage trays. I'm just about done with decorating, and I'm excited its December 1st! Happy weekend & happy decorating! Hugs, Holly

Anonymous said...

I have lightly decorated only because I don't like the task of putting it all away after New Years. Yes, I am rather lazy in that respect. :-)