Monday, January 14, 2013

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps 007

I found something new to put into the dinner rotation.  It’s a recipe for Korean Beef and it’s delicious.  My husband and son ate it with jasmine rice and I had mine on lettuce leaves to save a few carbs and calories and it’s a keeper! 

I found this awesome recipe on the blog Lizzy Writes.   It is also pinned about a million times on Pinterest so that should tell you something.  :)

Korean Beef

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef

1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 Tablespoon sesame oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (I used 1 tsp. of dry, powdered ginger.)

1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers

salt and pepper

1 bunch green onions, diced


Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain off the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice or in lettuce leaves.  Top with green onions.

 

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps 006

It looks like this is going to be a recipe month on my blog.  With all of the crafting and the hectic-ness (new word) of the holidays, I ‘m a wee bit burned out!  I am also  starting to think about starting a new rag quilt.  Picking out the fabric is the majority of the fun and if this rain ever ends, I hope to hit a couple of fabric stores over the next few days.  I hope you all have a good week and if you have some extra ground beef that you don’t know what to do with….give this Korean Beef a whirl.  It’s soooo good!

3 comments:

Ti said...

Looks and sounds yummy. Can't wait to try this. I get so tired of the same stuff day in and day out.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't wait to give this a try. I love to wrap cold lettuce around warm fillings. Oh, your header looks great!

Penny said...

That is my kind of dish. Love the things you can do with ground beef.