Sunday, July 4, 2010

Today’s Questions and Happy Fourth of July

Flag 004

Let me start off by wishing everyone a very Happy Fourth of July!!  Our flag is flying but then again we fly it on most days. Our entire neighborhood has a nice hand waving size flag sticking out of the ground next to all of our mailboxes.  It looks so nice when you drive or walk though to see all of those flags one right after another on both sides of the streets.  These were compliments of a Real Estate Agent who lives here.  I am still not sure which house is hers but I love the fact that she gives us both a school calendar with all the vacation, breaks and teacher work day dates and she inserts a flag in the dirt by my mailbox every Forth of July.  I like that about her and I have never met her!

Anyway, let me get to this week’s questions.  I am still working on posting together some photos of our day in Pinehurst, NC yesterday.   We have fireworks tonight and a cookout to attend and the weather is perfect!!  Hope yours is equally as perfect. :)

1. What do you look forward to the most on the 4th of July?

I like the fireworks because they are held in a field right in our neighborhood.  We don’t have to drive anywhere to see them.  They are held on the soccer/play field and our friends who live across the street from it usually host a cook out right before and then when it gets dark we sit on their front lawn and watch the show. 


2. Are you a hugger?

No I am not.  And everybody down here is!  I don’t like hugging people I don’t know very well.  And I especially don’t like having to hug neighbors that I don’t like much and their creepy husbands!  I like to hug family and friends that I haven’t seen in a long time.  But this everyday hugging is too much!  But like I said, everybody down here seems to be a hugger.  I better get mentally ready for this evening. :)


3. What is your favorite BBQ'd food?

We like North Carolina BBQ and we like Boston Butt (pork shoulder).  In fact, I have one in the smoker right now.  I make a dry rub that I rub all over it and then I smoke it in the smoker for a couple of hours and then I move it to the Slow Cooker and let it cook all day.  The smoker gives it the smoky taste and an extremely flavorful crust and the Slow Cooker makes the meat tender.  I shred it up and serve it on buns.  Down here, you put the coleslaw right on top of the meat in your sandwich and the coleslaw is made with a vinegar dressing (not mayo)  So delicious!

4. Do you like to watch parades?

They are okay.  I don’t go out of my to attend them and I like that they are on TV on Thanksgiving and New Year’s.  Our neighborhood is having one today for the Fourth of July.  It usually starts at 7:00 AM.  My kids are older now but even when they were younger they didn’t participate in them much.  They did and still do like to sleep too much.


5. Vampires or Werewolves?

Why?  Neither.  Sorry, but I am one of the few women out there who doesn’t “get” this whole Twilight thing.  Sorry!  Please don’t hate me!


6.  Do you read your horoscope?

Sometimes for fun if it’s looking right at me but I don’t go looking for my Horoscope.


7,   What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

If it’s Baskin Robbins, I usually get Jamoca Almond Fudge.  If we are at home, I usually like to nibble on my husband’s favorite Edy’s Mint Chocolate Chip.  But we have recently discover Gelato and I have to say that is what I really like.  And so far, I like every flavor I have tried.  :)

I am linking up to Mannland 5 with my questions today.  Stop by to read more answers by other bloggers.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

10 comments:

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Stopping in from Getting to Know You Sunday! Have a great time at your cookout!

Tiffany said...

A girl after my own heart! Mint chocolate chip ice cream. I have never tried gelato, sounds yum. Happy 4th!
stopping in from GTKY!

Anonymous said...

I don't care for hugging people I don't know very well. It's sort of creepy, and sometimes they don't smell very good in the summer's heat. Weelllll, they don't!

You really need to send that realtor a thank you note, if not to her home, then to her office. I think it's wonderful that she goes out of her way to post all those flags every year.. In fact I think it's very awesome of her.

Di

Anonymous said...

I love that! Seems like my sort of neighborhood! Love that the fireworks are right in the neighborhood.

Karina said...

Wow that Boston Butt sounds fabulous! Enjoy!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Oh, I haven't had BR ice cream in years; and Jamoca Almond Fudge was at the top of my list, too!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I feel the same way about those hugs...although, I hugged my dental hygienist the other day. I had a good check up and she is the best! Been seeing her for 17 years and if we move away, I will make the drive!LOL...so yes, I gave her a hug.:-)

Happy 4th of July, Lisa!

Anne Lorys said...

Hey Lisa!
So nice to learn more about you!
I'm not a big hugger, either, so there ya go! :-)

Hugs, (LOL)
Anne

Sue said...

Hi Lisa...Happy 4th...a few hours late...I'm sitting here smelling my Boston Butt (Oh that sounds odd??) in the crockpot...will cook it all night then in the morning make up a big pot of Brunswick Stew...I love that the neighborhood realtor puts out flags ever year...we were driving through our favorite sub-division today and saw the same thing...we were wondering who went around to all the houses and stuck flags at all the mailboxes...there are hundreds of homes in this SD....I wonder if they have a nice realtor too....I laughed at your hugging problem, especially with creepy husbands....if you love Paris you have to get used to that...there everybody kisses on both cheeks....

Melanie said...

You're funny! The hugging thing is southern BUT I don't like hugging either.

As far as the Twilight thing....I am not into it either! LOL!