Monday, June 29, 2009

Ed, Farrah, and Michael

What a week it has been. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson. These things really do seem to come in threes. Loosing Ed McMahon was sad in a loosing a grandparent way. Lots of TV memories of growing up.....staying up late enough to see the Johnny Carson Show was a treat as a kid. Then I remember watching him on Star Search. He was an entertainer for the older generation but we all knew who he was.
Then came the sad news about Farrah Fawcett. She was beautiful and although you knew she had been fighting cancer....the news of her death was sad. I just couldn't watch the special they had on TV showing that fight. I couldn't take it when I saw her drug addicted and now in jail son Redmond come to see her in his orange convict jumpsuit. She had a complicated life but was fascinating to me because she was just so damn pretty.
Then this weekend....Michael Jackson. What a brilliant entertainer and what a mess of a man.
All very sad and I hope everyone they left behind....their family, friends and fans are able to move through the sad days ahead.

No comments: