Thursday, July 14, 2011

Margaritas in Jelly Jars

  Margarita's in Jelly Jars 009

I was inspired not too long ago when I came across  the post 50 Foods You Can Put in a Jar over at Under the Table and Dreaming.  This is a great one-stop post for food ideas for jelly jars.  I am always looking for new ideas and with a small party coming up I was happy to have a new idea to try.

Margarita's in Jelly Jars 006

How refreshing does that look?!

Margarita's in Jelly Jars 013Margarita's in Jelly Jars 017

I used a 1.75 Liter sized bottle Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita. (Cost was $16.95. ) The tequila is already in the mix and it’s made with Grand Marnier.  Mmmm. :)   This sized bottle was the perfect amount for 12  jelly jars.  I filled each jar up about 3/4 and added ice for the last 1/4. 

Salted rims optional.  Lime wheel mandatory.

Margarita's in Jelly Jars 012

I made these ahead of time and then kept them in the refrigerator until party time.  When it was time to serve I pulled them out, took off the lids and added to some ice cubes and a wheel of lime.  You can also serve them with a salted rim.  To do this you wouldn’t want to pre-fill your jars like I did.  Simply salt the rims and fill with your Margaritas at serving time.  Cheers!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a totally spiffy idea and they look so summery and wonderful in those jars too! Who says we have to be conventional.

Di

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Now this looks like my kind of party! I love the idea of using the canning jars for the Margaritas! How clever are you!

Occasionally I add a splash of Cointreau to my Margaritas, you could also use Grand Marnier. Another change I make sometimes is to use sugar around the rim!

I'm also going to use your radish recipe today! Can't wait!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Stacey said...

Adding to my Bunco file again! I always think that food or drinks served in jars looks like fun.

The Fajdich Times said...

Totally a fun idea. I bet everyone enjoyed them:)

Lavender and Linen said...

I'm loving this idea! My daughter and all her Margarita drinking friends are visiting us at the lakehouse in August, I think this will work perfectly!

Thank's for posting!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a pretty idea! Mmmm I could go for one of those right now! lol

Ti said...

Ok. I'm coming to your house!

I love this idea. I love mason jars. Too cute and very easy. You could salt the lime wheel.. just thinking of a way to get the salt in there.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great idea. I love margaritas, but I get the worst heartburn.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Great idea, Lisa! I love it. What a clever idea.

What time's the party? ;o)
Thanks for sharing, and have a fabulous weekend!

red ticking said...

love this ... and your blog is making my mouth water!
i was glued at the title... love them both! and most everything else... xx pam

Deserae said...

What a clever idea...love it! Have a great weekend :o)
~Des

Debi said...

That is really a very cute idea. We have folks over right much in the evenings and would be really neat with the whole farm thing going on out here. I've done iced-tea before, but this would be so much fun for drinks for the full moon harvest party. Thanks for the idea. Debi

foxy said...

You always have the yummiest looking snacks on here. Gets my tummy rumblin'!!

And the margarita/jelly jars? SO CUTE. Love it!