Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Stones for the Garden…The Obsession Continues

Stepping Stones 2 016

I am hooked on making these garden stones. My latest stone was the one in the photo above.

And I used my favorite French Bakery stencil… yet again. (I am depreciating the cost of my stencil.) :)

Stepping Stones 2 017 Stepping Stones 2 019

I purchased this paver stone at Lowe’s for only $3.74. A little black spray paint

Stepping Stones 2 020 Tomatoes and GardenSTone 008

Tomatoes and GardenSTone 006

and some vanilla colored acrylic craft paint and a stencil is all I needed and it’s done.

I wish these didn’t weigh so much because I would love to add them to the Etsy Shop I still have not created!!! I have had big plans to open my Etsy shop but I have had more than a few interruptions. So I hope to get it up and running in the next couple of months. I’ll keep you posted on that front. :)

I am linking this post up to Roeshel's DIYShow Off and the DIY Parade. And I am so delighted that she chose my Re-Cycled Numbered Flower Pots post from last week on her blog today!! Thanks Roeshel! Stop by and check out all the other great projects from this past week.

13 comments:

Karen said...

I REALLY like this one. The numbers are okay, but I guess I don't "get" them. LOL! This one is very cool--a nice way to tie it (i.e. the numbers) all together.

Unknown said...

These are so fun to see...keep it up! I think they make great gifts!

Nancy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I had to laugh at the first picture, because it looks like Oakley's laying there thinking "There she goes, painting more stepping stones", with a sigh! : ) I think it turned out great. I've been meaning to ask where you got your stencils from.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These are wonderful, Lisa!

Brenda Pruitt said...

You could probably easily sell those at craft fairs. Or nurseries! I'd buy those at a nursery for sure.
Brenda

micah said...

This is making me think my plain old stepping stones are BO-RING!! Lovely job, yet again!

ClassyGal said...

I saw on one of your posts that you have been to Montreal and you incorporate alot of French in your designs, are you from French descent or you were inspired by Montreal?

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed said...

This is adorable. I am totally going to have to make one of these. Thanks for the idea!

Melanie said...

Very cute and you are cracking me up with all this stencil. You are too funny!

Happy Monday.

Laura said...

I have to make these stones.
Where can I find a french-like stencil?

What a great idea-
The black spray paint makes a huge difference and gives it a New Orleans sort of look- my all-time favorite.

Laura

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

I love this stone! If you keep making them you are going to have enough stones to pave your way to Texas!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I like your painted stones, one is never enough and you can never have too many.

Hugs
Sissie

Help! Mama Remote... said...

Great idea personalizing the stones.