Friday, April 23, 2010

Words to Live By

Bird Saying 005

I saw this little saying on a plaque in a cute garden shop that I was in a few days ago.  I memorized it just long enough for me to get to my car and write it down.   I think it is one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time.  The one I saw was painted on a chunky piece of wood.  I didn’t have any wood but I did happen to have an extra small canvas so I thought I would try and make my own. 

Bird Saying 002     Bird Saying 003

I used my stencils and some acrylic craft paint. 

Bird Saying 012

I need to try this one again.  I was a wee bit impatient and some of my letters are a tad off center…a few smudges here and there.  Not my best work so I am going to call this one a “prototype”.   I am going to make another one for my daughter.  I think she will get a kick out of it.  Yes, I think these are good words to start the day with!

11 comments:

Karen said...

I actually like that the letters are slightly imperfect (and really, only slightly.) I think it adds to the charm.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I like it too! It gives it that personal touch rather than a perfect machine printed piece. Love the saying too! How funny!

Kim said...

I love it too. And I agree with the others, keep that prototype as your masterpiece, it has loads of charm!
xoxo,
Kim

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Super-cute. Love it! :o)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

When I see something like that, I have to say it over and over like a chant until I can get to where I can write it down! I keep pen and paper in my pocketbook, so most times I just write it down right in the store. I think it's cute; you can't help but smile when you read it.

Unknown said...

That saying is too funny and cute! I laughed out loud when I read it. I agree with everyone else - I think you should keep your sign the way it is - it definitely adds to the charm!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

You people are so nice to me! Thanks for liking the imperfections.
:)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I love that it is a little imperfect...much more charming that way!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Melanie said...

I am laughing and you know why! LOL!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I think it's adorable just as is!!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Love that saying! So cute.

Kelly