Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quickie Updates

Birds and book 006

Quickie #1:  I am very excited about this one.   A few weeks ago I was asked if I would like to receive and review a copy of the book “The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder” by Rebecca Wells.  She is the author of one of my most favorite books of all time, “The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”.  I loved every word of that book.  The movie was good but the book was unforgettably great.  I so hope and expect to love this book as well.  There is something special about the way Rebecca Wells puts sentences together.  My book arrived in the mail today and I can’t wait to get started reading.  My official review is scheduled to post on Tuesday, April 20, 2010.  Stay tuned!

Birds and book 005

Quickie #2:  I found these little birds at a second hand shop last week for only $1.25 each! And I added them to my bird cage/nest Easter display.   I thought that was a remarkable deal until I saw these sweet little birds on some one else’s blog and they stated they found them at the Dollar Store.  I guess I over paid by a 25 cents a piece.  That’s okay, I’ll get over it! :)

image image

Quickie #3:   I received so many kind words and compliments on my “Hello” (in several foreign language) Subway Art Projects.  Thank you!  I mentioned in my post that I would like to make a larger piece with all of the street addresses that we have lived at over the years.  Well, I am here to announce that it is finished and I am absolutely thrilled with it and…..I cannot show it to you!  BECAUSE, I feel like it would not be a safe or wise thing to do.  Someone out there could use that information for evil.  And I don’t need any evil directed my way!  That is just more personal information than I want to reveal and once posted to the internet it will live on forever.  But take my word for it….it is a fun and such a personal project.  I painted a large canvas with 3 coats of black acrylic paint and then used my stencils and some vanilla colored paint to add all of the streets and house numbers of all our former residences.  We moved a lot over the years.  I have it hanging in our office and I am so glad that I made it.  Give it a try if you want something unique and personal.

Quickie #4:  The 10th grade son has his driver’s license.  Oh my…….I am realizing that worrying about your children really never goes away.  It just morphs into other things to worry about.  He is thrilled and feeling very independent.  Next project, steering him towards summer employment!

Quickie #5:  The First Year College Student is coming home tonight for the Easter Holiday.  So happy to have a full house for weekend.  And the weatherman is predicting 80 plus degrees for the next 4 days!!  Unbelievable!

Wishing you all a very HAPPY EASTER!!

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Are you sure it's the same birds as the dollar store? I got a couple of whitish birds from Dollar Tree, but they are different from yours. The display looks great anyway, and as long as you feel like you paid a good price that's all that matters. Glad your address canvas turned out nice, but it's smart not to post it. Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I don't think those are dollar store birds. The ones that I saw were ceramic. Yours look like some kind of metal. Yours are much cuter too.

Enjoy your weekend with your kids and have a great Easter!

Gina said...

The birds were a perfect addition to your vignette! did you distress them or did they come that way?
Such a tease with the address canvas...but you are smart not to show it.
Happy Easter

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Sweet little birds. I love using them for spring decorations.

I just know your sign turned out great. I know what you mean about showing addresses. It's better to keep that private. Never know.

Hope you enjoy spring break with your children. I remember those first years when my son started driving. Scared me too death.


hugs
Sissie

Karen said...

And NONE of that was April Fool's? :) You have a lot going on, Lisa! Have a FANTASTIC Easter!

Jane said...

I'm sure your street sign looks fabulous and I think you were very wise not to post with personal information on it. I will imagine it in my head :-)
Have a wonderful Easter with your family.
Jane

Stacey said...

I am reading The Crowning Glory right now!! It is wonderful. I actually like it much more than the Ya Ya book because it's not quite as gut wrenching. You will love it...I promise. Her writing is amazing. :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I can just get fully lost in a good book.
Brenda

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love all of your quickies;)! The sign is to die for...so clever!

I hope you and your family have a beautiful and blessed Easter!

Enjoy!
XOXO
Cathy

Melanie said...

That was a fun read! I wish you would send me picture to my email so I could see your address board. I SO want to so this for my house. I love the idea of all the addresses of where we have lived.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your family & great weather.

Sue said...

Hi and Happy Easter!! love the idea of the old house address'....
smart not to show a picture but I can imagine how interesting it must be...and I can't weigh in on the white Dollar Tree birds as whenever I go to the DT I never find cute little figures that everyone else seems to find.....