Sunday, March 20, 2011

The House in Something’s Gotta Give

image

imageimage

The movie Something’s Gotta Give was recently on TV and I forgot how much I LOVED the house in that movie.   Of course, who wouldn’t love a beach house in the Hamptons but really the house in the movie was so stylish  that I think it influenced the way a lot of people decorated their homes after seeing it. 

image

I would be happy just being able to vacation here for one week in the summertime let alone live here.

imageimage

It’s a very entertaining movie on top of the great scenery.

 image   image

I think the reason Jack Nicholson was so good in this move was because he was basically playing himself.  Not too much of a stretch here.   :)

image

A simple and beautiful dining room.

image image

 

image

What a great reading area.  Ahhh…to someday have built-ins like these…….

image

imageimage 

An absolutely gorgeous kitchen will the white cabinets and the black countertops. 

And an absolutely gorgeous Keanu Reeves buying strawberries at the roadside fruit and vegetable stand.  :)

image image 

image image

Such a funny movie and sweet at the same time.

imageimage

And the scenes in Paris made me want to dine at the Le Grande Colbert Restaurant someday.  Someday….

16 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I bought the movie just so that I could keep looking at the house. Did you know that it is really a set? Google favorite movie houses and you will see the set. A little disappointing but still so gorgeous. Enjoyed my visit today, I think I might just pop in the movie!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love that house also, I love ANY beach house usually! The other one I love is from "It's Complicated." The kitchen in that movie is to die for! Check out the beach house I posted on recently if you have a moment. Have a wonderful week!

Lynn said...

Great scenes for the first day of spring! I liked that movie too, haven't seen it in a while:@)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I had forgotten how beautiful that home in the movie was too! Thanks for the photos. It was a great movie.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

I'm always envious of the very put together and yet easy look of homes in movies. Love that living room area!

DI

ShabbyESP said...

I just finished watching that movie :0) I love the house also and the scenes in Paris
Have a great week!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Denise said...

I loved that movie, I should watch it again :) Never really noticed the house much!!! I will pay more attention next time.

Jane said...

I loved the movie but now I need to go back and watch again to see the house. I love the dining room!
Have a wonderful week.
Jane

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

One of my all time favorite movies! I agree, I'd take a week there anytime!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Definitely one of my favorites!!! LOVE the kitchen.

Love Nancy Meyer's (the director) style. She always adds her fabulous decor influence to all her movies.

Ti said...

Everything about movie was so highly stylized. I love it! Beach houses typically have tha breezy feel to them, don't they? I love Ina Garten's house on Barefoot Contessa, too.

stacycakes said...

One of my most favorite movies...love everything about it!!

Ann said...

Love everything about that movie!

Stephanie Harsh said...

Love this movie and love the house. So gorgeous.

Ally said...

I don't mind to tell you that I was having nothing short of dirty dreams about that kitchen after I saw the movie. I loved the whole house but the KITCHEN?? Oh, yes PLEASE!! Unfortunately, while I love Jack Nicholson, he will always be the Joker to me and there is not much I can do to change that. But the movie was cute and I will admit to having it in my collection!

René said...

I have never seen that movie, but now I want to for the decor alone. It is gorgeous!