Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pansies From The Bargain Bin

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes and Pansies 015

Here are the Pansies that I found on the “Distressed” Cart  for $1.40 at Lowe’s a couple of weeks ago.    They don’t look so distressed to me anymore.  

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes and Pansies 012

I should get another full month out of them before I have to rip them out and use the pots for my geraniums. 

 Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes and Pansies 014

Sounds so cruel and I hate when I have to do that but it starts to get so warm down here in late April and the Pansies don’t like the heat.  So I’ll just enjoy them until then.    Their days are numbered.  (Even if their pots are not….yet.)  :)

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They look so pretty, Lisa! I have found that even though mine would die down in the heat of Summer, they'd come back in the cold weather. A pleasant surprise! I put mine in the ground though, so I just leave them. I was thinking of getting some to add some curb appeal until it really warms up here.

Anonymous said...

No. They don't look stressed at all. Great bargain and they really dress up the steps.

DI

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful pansies. I can't even think about planting flowers here yet as we might get more snow this week. I was just out looking at the flower beds and saw my irises starting to poke out of the ground. I am so ready!

Lynn said...

They look great! I do the same thing, enjoy them until it's time for the next flower:@)

Denise said...

They look so pretty, it's a shame you will have to pull them out.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I love pansies little faces. Very pretty and even more reasonably priced.

Ally said...

Wow! You brought those pansies back to life!! Did you just plant them and keep them watered or add something...like Miracle Grow? I have a feeling that when I return to KY next week, I'm going to have 2 very sad (and perhaps distressed) rosebushes. Any help you got would be greatly appreciated!