Saturday, July 11, 2009

Asian Cucumber Salad







This is so cool and refreshing and I made it with cucumbers from my garden. My cucumbers are pitiful this year. They have a disease....the leaves are turning yellow and are brittle. Lots of blossoms and not many cukes ( I hope that is not from a lack of bees) and the cukes I do get are chubby and round. Still taste good but I am going to have to start buying them from the Farmers' Market. I have a date to make pickles with a friend later this week and so I will need a big bushel full. Anyway, here is the recipe: (Thanks to a tennis friend Deana for this one.)

Asian Cucumber Salad
3/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted

Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add cucumbers, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Add sesame seeds, and toss; serve immediately.

No comments: