Monday, August 17, 2009

Laundry Room is Really Done Again


I really mean it this time. I am really, really, really done with my Laundry Room. I don't think I could cram another thing into it! As I mentioned in a previous post, I found a wonderful hand painted floor cloth by Gwen Dumas at the store Mary Contrary here in Greensboro, NC. I brought it home and it is perfect for the you guessed it....Laundry Room.







The original room that inspired me at Southern Hospitality Blog had a black and white tiled floor. Putting new tile on our floor was on hold while I was looking for a source for the tiles and deciding on the more economical peel and stick or go with real tile and grout. Well, this gorgeous floor cloth has the black and white floor tiles built in! The colors in this floor cloth are perfect. The green in the border match my walls and the reds in the border match the red in the basket of geraniums I have on top of the cabinets and also matches some of the other accent reds I have in the room.




I also tried moving and setting the floor cloth out on my deck in front of the doors that lead into my kitchen. It looks great there as well. I think I will put it out there next time I have a party when we are using the deck. It looks great under the awning with a big black pot of geraniums on one side and a big bushy Boston fern on the other side. It won't live on the deck permanently because the weather would take it's toll so it will reside for the most part in my Laundry Room and will make an appearance on my deck only on special occasions. I am a happy girl! And the Laundry Room is pronounced.....finished! Really.


5 comments:

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

You are so inspiring. Now I want to work on my laundry. Love the floor cloth and the sweet puppy.
This is my first visit here and I loved it, you are such a crafty gal.~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Ahrisha, thanks so much for the kind words! Working on the laundry room has been a lot of fun but it is time for me to move on. I don't think I could add another thing! Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa it's so nice to meet you! I really apprecaite your kind visit to my blog. You're always welcome!

Your laundry room is gorgeous! What a rich and warm wall color and the floor is just spectacular. I always enjoy the look of red geraniums as well.
~Beautifully done! Love it all!

Blessings to you my friend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by Melissa!
Lisa

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I just subscribed to your blog, Lisa! So glad I clicked on your name in Donna @ Decorated House's blog post. So many interesting posts I'm coming across.

I also love Rhoda's laundry room ~ the color, the floor. Yours looks very pretty too. I'll have to go back through your posts, but I'd love to see your wall storage.