Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It Has Become A Work in Progress

clock in sun room 010

One of my new stencils arrived today.  I have lots of plans for this stencil but adding it to my clock was not one of them when I ordered it.

I finished making this clock just a little over a week ago.  For a tutorial on how I did it you can click here:  Vintage Clock Tutorial

What do you think???

Here is before…

   Clock in sunroom 007

And here it is after.  I think I like it.  I think it was a little too plain before don’t you? 

clock in sun room 012

Now while I am at it……I guess I’ll start shopping for a clock kit to make it tick!

I’ll be sure to post when I get that done as well. Is anything ever really finished?

14 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it on your clock, Lisa! I think it looks great! You know those decorative clocks Ballard Designs has are over $200.00 and some of them have french wording. I think it adds a nice touch.

Annie @ LivingwithAnnie said...

really love the details you've added- such lovely touches :)

micah said...

Oh yes, I am loving the stencil. Just adds a bit of fanciness (is that a word?)

Erin said...

Anything written in French has my heart.

Jane said...

The clock is fabulous!! You did an awesome job. Love the additional touch of the french wording.
Jane

Anne said...

The words just make it!!! Love how it's turning out!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I absolutely love it!!!!

:)
ButterYum

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh yes, Lisa! It was great before, but now it's fabulous! I love it!

Great choice!

René said...

The clock looks great! What I really love is the cutie on the bed below...sweet puppy.

lori miller vintage design co said...

Love the stencil...where did you get it?

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the love!

Lori

Susan said...

I'd like to know where the stencil comes from too. And what does it say? Love your blog!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

The stencil came from www.maisondestencils.com and "Boulangerie" is the word for "Bakery"
"Bon Pain" means "good bread" and the rest is the address. That stencil was #35.00 and comes on a nice clear piece of myler plastic.

Old Time Cindy said...

Just found your blog and became a follower. Adding the stencil detail to your clock is the perfect touch. Blessings...
Cindy at Lakewood

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.