Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome To Our Home

Bienvenue Sign 013

I did a quick project today since going outside was not part of my plans today.  The wind and cold are getting old so I decided to stay inside, catch up on some of the blogs I like to read, watch the Olympics, enjoy the aroma of the pot roast I have cooking in the Crock Pot, and do a little painting and stenciling. 

    Bienvenue Sign 003

I was at Lowe’s last week and found some pre-cut pieces of wood for less than $3.00 a piece so I brought a couple home with me.

I painted one of them black and then took out some stencils and some cream colored craft paint.

Bienvenue Sign 006

I used a yard stick and a pencil to mark the center of my sign and then the first letter I stenciled on was the letter “V” which was the center letter in the French work “Bienvenue”.  Then I added the rest of the letters to finish spelling the word.  I also use a piece of blue painter’s tape to help me keep the letters straight.

Bienvenue Sign 017

When it was done, I tacked a saw tooth picture hanger on the back and it is now hanging above one of the doors in my kitchen.

Bienvenue Sign 013

This really was a quick and easy project.  Cheap too!  Welcome to our home!

17 comments:

Malisa said...

You are one creative woman! You inspire me so much!

Malisa

Jane said...

Looks beautiful. You do a great job stenciling...I always seem to have the paint seep underneath the stencil. Great job!!
Jane

Pat@BPM said...

The sign is beautiful!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love this, Lisa! I didn't know they had pre-cut wood at Home Depot. I have some wood here at home that hubby has left from a project and I'm going to use some of that {but it does need some cutting done to them}.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your sign. I would probably have the letters all crooked, so I admire what you have done.

hugs
Sissie

Anny said...

It looks great!

micah said...

If I did that, it would look a hot mess... you are one talented lady! I love your french flair.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love that sign...Looks as if the word was one stencil rather than individual letters...great job! thanks for your comment at Pandora's box!

Karen said...

I have that same stencil Lisa. I used at at my last home to stencil a fleur de lis pattern around the mirror in my bathroom.

I love your new accessory. You are so creative. I wish my creative juices would start flowing! LOL!

Martha said...

What a cute project!

Karen said...

Is your DH getting tired of French, yet? LOL! You did a great job--how do you keep the paint from seeping?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Girl! This is awesome! I lOVE IT!
Hope you have a great week. Stop by my place if you get a chance. Would love to have you visit.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Georgia Girl said...

Love it! I am going to Home Depot at luch today and look for me some wood scraps and make me a sign...I have been wanting to do this for a while so off I will go...Thanks for the nudge!

Allyson said...

A) I totally have that fleur-de-lis stencil.
b) The project I used it for did not turn out NEARLY as cute.
c) I will now have to email my French teacher on FB and tell her that I can still read French. Well...at least "Welcome to our home"...and "Your chest is like a sack of potatoes."

VERY cute!! I'm waiting for your home to pop up in Better Homes and Gardens.

Melanie said...

You are one crafty woman. I am not much for making things because I don't want to take the time but I love to scrapbook, make cards, cook and paint:) (okay, I don't like to paint but I do a bunch of it) I am just not as crafty as my fellow bloggers.

Room to Inspire said...

Your sign turned out great - I love the addition of the fleur de lis!

Chelsea

Lavender and Linen said...

Your blog is wonderful. You are a very smart lady!

Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind if I copy some of your ideas.

Thanks!