Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stencil Madness

2010-02-16 clock in sun room

My new stencil continues to delight me!  I stenciled out a couple of prints, the face of my clock and a pillow.  And I did all this in just the last two days. 

Boulangerie Stencil 006

I am very happy with the black background on this print.  It’s a new addition to my Laundry Room which has definitely taken on a French flavor. :)

Boulangerie Stencil 010

I like the cream colored background on this second print too.   I covered over a print I had done a while ago that I was not happy with.  I was messy with the cream colored paint on purpose.  I wanted it to look old.

The pillow was fun to make.  Stenciling on Burlap is so easy and I am amazed at how crisp the paint stays.

Boulangerie Stencil 012

Not sure where I’ll keep the pillow.  Here it is on a dining room chair.

Boulangerie Stencil 001

And here it is on the French wood chair that I moved back into the kitchen.  I had this chair in the sun room under the clock but decided to start looking for a table to go there instead.  Anyway, I’ll keep moving the pillow around till I make up my mind. 

Hmm…I need another project.  :)

14 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nobody better stand still at your house for too long! ; ) I love it and I'm so glad you are getting use out of it! The fleur de lys alone would have me stenciling everything.

Karen said...

You've been busy! So, not being a French speaker: Translation? i.e. is it just the name of a company and the street they are on?

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Boulangerie means bakery....then it says good bread, and then the street address. What is a bakery called in German?

Pat@BPM said...

Lisa, I love your stencil madness!

Anne said...

You're just stenciling up a storm!!! Your family and friends better look out...else they'll get stenciled too!!!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I like your projects. You have been quite the busy girl! Great job!

Jane said...

Lisa,
That is a great stencil and I love the projects you've created with it. You are going to have to start selling these!!
Jane

Anny said...

ROFL you caught a madness woman :)

I love the pillow best!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

So cute...and very French!
Your certainly getting your $'s worth out of this stencil.
Love your creations!
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love, love,love it....Great blog...Enjoyed my visit to your blog tonight while doing a little blog hopping. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and prizes everyday....

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Love them!

Brenda Pruitt said...

You may have found your niche here!
Brenda

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Your next project can be to come over chez moi and work your magic on my home! ;)

Melanie said...

I love the color in your laundry room.