Saturday, June 26, 2010

Piedmont Triad Farmer’s Market

Farmers' Market 020 

So, me and my camera took our trip to the Piedmont Triad Farmer’s Market yesterday.  It was hot.  We are melting down here in the South.  High 90’s, hot, and humid and it’s only June!  The nice thing about this Farmer’s Market is that is well organized and sheltered.   That means lot’s of shade. 

I tried to grow cabbage one year.  The bug’s really liked it.  :(

Farmers' Market 007

I had my pick of tomatoes.  Lot’s of different varieties but the one I saw most were German Johnson’s.  I don’t know why but North Carolinian’s  LOVE their German Johnsons. :)

Farmers' Market 009

I Love to eat green beans sauteed in a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.   

Farmers' Market 011

This guy has some nice looking tomatoes and I love the name of his farm!  Lick Fork Farms!  Isn’t that a great looking sign?  I just had to take a photo.

     Farmers' Market 012 

More German Johnson’s and peaches.

Farmers' Market 013

You can get the best peaches at the this market.

Farmers' Market 015 

I loved this sign too.

Farmers' Market 016

And look how gorgeous these peaches are!

Farmers' Market 010

You can find lots of garden plants there too.  This market is HUGE.  

Farmers' Market 018

I thought these jars were pretty.  Makes me want to can some salsa myself.  I might a bit later in the summer.

Farmers' Market 018 

These Rosemary Flatbreads looked delicious too.  I am definitely going to try my hand at making these for myself. 

Farmers' Market 019

And how pretty are these jars of preserves? 

Farmers' Market 017

Not a Blueberry in sight.  I was mistaken about it being “Blueberry Day”.  I was a day early.  We actually might go back today to get some Blueberries.  I guess all the vendors were saving them up for today.   I have some new tart pans I’d like to try out.  Blueberry tart sounds pretty good.  :) 

Enjoy the weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with Farmer's Markets and the concept of buying directly from a farm and cutting out the middle guy. PLUS, it's just fun to go to them. Ours here sometimes has a group of fiddlers playing.

Di

Unknown said...

Just something wonderful about a fresh farmers market. We have one here but I have yet to visit. You have just made me want to try ours out...thanks! Enjoy your weekend my friend! Susie~

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

There is nothing like the Farmer's Market in the summer with all the fesh veggies and fruits.

Your photos are wonderful.

hugs
Sissie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I sure do wish I could find a good farmer's market like that around here. The one in Atlanta is too far to drive to. Those tomatoes look so good and I like my green beans like that too. Peaches are my favorite fruit and there sure were a lot of them there.

Painter's Place said...

I live close by and have never been there! I think I should try it! We have a small one here in our town every Tuesday and it's packed!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Ooh...everything looks wonderful especially the peaches! Our farmer's market has just opened this week for the season~ I can't wait!

Deb said...

Looks like a wonderful market, everything looks so good! I really love the peaches sign too!!!

Laura said...

There is nothing I like better than going to a farmer's market or a fruit stand.
We have fruit stands at our local flea markets, so I enjoy TWO of my favorite things.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Enjoyed visiting,
Laura
White Spray Paint

Erin said...

Dude! I was there on Thursday! I saw those cabbages!

We bought some peaches and sweet corn. Delicious both. Also, I got a Japanese ceramic stool at the AB Seed Co. for 19 bucks!

Melanie said...

Those photos make me want a tomato and mayo sandwich! I went to the only place that I know of here in Florence and they only had plants. No veggies. Gary & Caden don't eat veggies but I thought I would grill some just for me. I am going to have to ask around and find me a Farmers Market.

Great photos by the way.