Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today’s Questions

Here are Today’s Questions brought to you compliments of Mannland5. This is a fun and easy Sunday morning post for me. Especially lately, when I haven’t had as much time as I would like to do some of the things I would much rather be doing and blogging about!

1. If you could have one of Superman's powers which one would you want? Superhuman strength..Flight..Superhuman speed..X-Ray vision..etc

Why X-Ray vision of course. Then I could see behind closed doors, see inside boxes and packages, and see what other women carry in their handbags. :)


2. The best thing I ever won is....?

Many years ago, in a land far, far away, I won an award with an all expenses paid trip to Marco Island in Florida for my husband and me. We had a great time even though the weather could have been better. Every night when we came back to our room there was a gift waiting for each of us. On the final night there was a surprise concert with Gladys Knight and the Pips. We were treated like royalty and it was a blast!

3. Have you ever skyped with a bloggy friend?

Nope. Don’t have Skype. Probably won’t for a while.

image image image


4. What is your favorite Summer month?

I used to like June but this June has been crazy. We would usually take a trip to the beach in June but not this year. Not liking June much these days. I’m going to go with August. That’s when my birthday is and the kids go back to school. :)


5. Pool, Lake, or Ocean?

I loved the pool when my kids were little. Love a lake if there is a boat involved. And my favorite is the Ocean. So many things to do and ways to keep entertained.


6. One of my favorite Summer memories is.....?

Most summers we would take our kids to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a week at the beach. Swimming, boogie boarding, skim boarding, looking for shells and eating lots of shrimp are what we filled our days with. And, when I was growing up, my Mom’s side of the family had a cottage on a lake that we would visit on most weekends. Those were a fun way to spend time in the summer. I miss not having a place at the lake to visit on the weekends now that I am an adult.


7. What's your favorite secret bargain?

Why marked down cheese of course! The US requires that cheese have an expiration date when we all know that cheese is an “aged” food. Don’t let the expiration dates scare you. Stores can’t mark it down after the expiration date. They have to throw it away. But many stores will mark it down the week before it expires. You have a good week or two to enjoy it . Now of course, don’t buy anything that has already started to mold. But truly, there are some great deals to be found! :)


8. Do you plan on or have you been watching the World Cup?

Hmm…no I don’t think so. :) Not a big fan yet. Now if it was Lacrosse…then yes it would be on all day and night.

3 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Good questions . . . and answers! :o) And thanks for the great cheese tip! All these years I was so hoping I wasn't keeping cheese too long.

I always wondered if secretly trimming off that mold might be a bad thing. Now I'm relieved to know it's been no problem. Maybe that's why my kids have also been so healthy - little extra doses of penicillin in their diet? LOL

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I love this- and I agree about wanting to know what is in other people's handbags! Very funny because I have an upcoming post on what's in my handbag. I would love if you did one too!

Melanie said...

Your answer on the xray vision was different than a lot of the others picked. Seeing in boxes & purses made me laugh.

The cheese info is nice to know. I want to try some cheese that you blogged about a while back. I bookmarked it.