Friday, June 11, 2010

Sarah’s House on HGTV

image       image

I was channel surfing the television today after I got home from work…had my feet propped up on the coffee table and was drinking an ice cold Pellegrino with a wedge of lime of course, ;) and I accidentally came across a show on HGTV that I had never seen before.  It’s called Sarah’s House.  Sarah Richardson is the host and she is an Interior Designer in Canada who purchased a “modest” farm house and is renovating it room by room on the show.  Today I caught the episode when they work on the kitchen.  The transformation was amazing!  The yellows and grays she used are perfect for this house.  So soothing.

 image         image

I can’t wait to check out more episodes of her show.  Watching this show had me actually thinking about picking up a paint brush this weekend.

Thinking and doing are two completely different things.  And besides, who wants to paint when it’s going to be 94 degrees and humid tomorrow? I hear it’s not a good idea to paint in humid weather…that’s what I’m going with anyway.  Hope you have fun plans for your weekend!

13 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

A girlfriend of mine keeps telling me about Sara's House...and I've never seen it yet!
Now I must tune in...
Looks amazing.
Happy painting this weekend!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

I love Sarah's House. I have every episode of season three recorded and will watch them many times in one day... I love what she does, how ever I have to say she spends a lot of money doing it! :)

Nicole

www.sobeautifullyinspired.blogspot.com

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love this show, too~ her spaces are very original!

Tee said...

Wait til you see the family room. I watched that one tonight on DVR. Again.

The Painted Home said...

I'm DVR-ing it now!

Anonymous said...

I will have to check it out, never heard of it ~ love the pictures. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. xo

Anonymous said...

I watched her shows a couple months ago when she was redoing a contemporary house in suburbia. Sort of a 60's style house. Very nice. Have only seen one of the farmhouse shows, but YES a good show.

Di

Karen said...

I was watching this yesterday while at the gym on the elliptical machine. I was so engrossed that the 30 minutes flew by. The episode I watched was her kitchen transformation. I wish I had Sarah's budget!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I'll have to try and tune in! Those pictures are fabulous!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Yes, I love her show as well! She used to have a show years ago called "Room Service". That show was on a much smaller scale usually only doing one room. But like "Sarah's House", the transformation were also amazing. Wouldn't it be nice to have half her talent and a fraction of her budget????

micah said...

I watched the kitchen episode on Friday too! Perfection...

Destiny said...

LOVE this show! I have them all tivoed and like to watch them over and over LOL I think my favorite episode was the bathroom with the yellow - I LOVE that piece that she repurposed as the vanity!

Roopa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.