Thursday, September 3, 2009

2008 Holiday House

It is almost Labor Day Weekend and we are headed to our first Tarheels Football Game at UNC in Chapel Hill on Saturday! And the weather is supposed to be PERFECT all weekend long! I have no new project to show you today. I haven't started to peel the wall paper off the powder room walls yet....next week I hope.

I know it is a little early to think about holiday decorating but I did want to show you some photos that I took last year at the Holiday House here in Greensboro, NC. Each year a newly built home is professionally decorated for the holidays and all proceeds are donated to a local charity. This house was just beautiful and had lots of those French Country touches that I just love. Here are a few of the photos I took from the outside of the 2008 Holiday House. I will take you inside tomorrow!

I tried to get a shot that showed that the window boxes were copper.
Not a great photo but the copper boxes were very nice.

The out side covered patio with a fireplace and a small bar were perfect.
I don't know if you call this a patio, a terrace, or a loggia. It is a French inspired house so maybe "loggia" doesn't apply. In French I guess it would be "terrasse". J'aime beaucoup la terrasse!
Stop by for a visit tomorrow and I will take you inside!

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Lisa this home is spectacular! I can't wait to see the inside as well.

Have a wonderful time at the game. Yay!

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Stacey said...

I'd love to have that fireplace on my patio. Wow!