I was just awarded the "Honest Scrap" Award by Kathy at Creative Home Expressions. I am so new to Blogging that I am not sure how to act...I think I am excited about this! This is kind of like a cross between "Tag, You"re It!" and "Thanks for the award...I am so honored!" I have enjoyed Kathy's blog and I know you will too so when you get a chance, stop by and give her a visit.
Here are the rules I need to follow:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. THANKS KATHY!!
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
Here are 10 things about me....
1. I met my husband on a camping trip......and I hate camping....not my husband. :)
2. My favorite holiday is Halloween and I was Nick Nolte's Mug Shot for a Halloween party a couple of years ago.
3. I love all things French and I want to travel all over Europe. I'd like to go to France of course, and Italy, England, Spain, and Greece.
4. I have loved being a Mom to my two kids. I feel like I figured it out as we went along and continue to do so.
5. I worked the afternoon shift in a factory one summer when I was in college called Gay Toys. I am not kidding. We made toys....for children!!! My job was to assemble plastic toy motorcycles and because I was so good at it they wouldn't let me work on any of the other toys. My girl friend got to assemble the "Polly Pots and Pans". I was jealous.
6. I "designed" the telephone system for WJR radio in Detroit back when I was working before my kids were born.
7. My roommate in college grew up on a hog farm. Our Junior year she was crowned the Pork Queen of Michigan and I got an all expense paid trip to Kansas City for the Pork Producers Convention because I served as her chaperon.
8. I am related to the great writer Franz Kafka. He wrote some bizarre stuff and I would much rather be a descendant of Jane Austen but we can't pick our relatives now can we?!
9.. I lived in the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity House my last year of College. I wonder if that qualifies me as a "legacy"?? Anyway, my roommates and I did not belong to any sororities but we needed an apartment with a flexible lease at the last minute and that was all that was available. Turned out to be a very fun year! :)
10. I love shopping on QVC. And I have a recipe that was selected and published in the QVC Family Cookbook. Yep, I am "published". They gave me a free copy of the cookbook as a thank you. :) So I have that going for me.
Now, here are some of the blogs that I have enjoyed and I would like to pass on the Honest Scrap Award on to each of them. Drum Roll Please.........
Brown Eyed Belle
Confessions of a Plate Addict
Room Service Decorating 101
Tales from Bloggeritaville
Room to Inspire
At Home With A Country Lady