Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Honest Scrap Award





I was just awarded the "Honest Scrap" Award by Kathy at Creative Home Expressions. I am so new to Blogging that I am not sure how to act...I think I am excited about this! This is kind of like a cross between "Tag, You"re It!" and "Thanks for the award...I am so honored!" I have enjoyed Kathy's blog and I know you will too so when you get a chance, stop by and give her a visit.


Here are the rules I need to follow:


1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. THANKS KATHY!!


2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.


3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.


4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.


Here are 10 things about me....


1. I met my husband on a camping trip......and I hate camping....not my husband. :)


2. My favorite holiday is Halloween and I was Nick Nolte's Mug Shot for a Halloween party a couple of years ago.



3. I love all things French and I want to travel all over Europe. I'd like to go to France of course, and Italy, England, Spain, and Greece.


4. I have loved being a Mom to my two kids. I feel like I figured it out as we went along and continue to do so.


5. I worked the afternoon shift in a factory one summer when I was in college called Gay Toys. I am not kidding. We made toys....for children!!! My job was to assemble plastic toy motorcycles and because I was so good at it they wouldn't let me work on any of the other toys. My girl friend got to assemble the "Polly Pots and Pans". I was jealous.


6. I "designed" the telephone system for WJR radio in Detroit back when I was working before my kids were born.


7. My roommate in college grew up on a hog farm. Our Junior year she was crowned the Pork Queen of Michigan and I got an all expense paid trip to Kansas City for the Pork Producers Convention because I served as her chaperon.


8. I am related to the great writer Franz Kafka. He wrote some bizarre stuff and I would much rather be a descendant of Jane Austen but we can't pick our relatives now can we?!


9.. I lived in the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity House my last year of College. I wonder if that qualifies me as a "legacy"?? Anyway, my roommates and I did not belong to any sororities but we needed an apartment with a flexible lease at the last minute and that was all that was available. Turned out to be a very fun year! :)


10. I love shopping on QVC. And I have a recipe that was selected and published in the QVC Family Cookbook. Yep, I am "published". They gave me a free copy of the cookbook as a thank you. :) So I have that going for me.


Now, here are some of the blogs that I have enjoyed and I would like to pass on the Honest Scrap Award on to each of them. Drum Roll Please.........

Brown Eyed Belle
Confessions of a Plate Addict
Room Service Decorating 101
Butteryum
Tales from Bloggeritaville
Room to Inspire
At Home With A Country Lady

10 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Lisa! You have had some interesting and varied experiences!It's fun to read these posts and get to find out all of the inside info on our fellow bloggers! Thanks so much for thinking of me!You are such a sweetie!!! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Room to Inspire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Room to Inspire said...

Woops, sorry for the delete!

Thank you SO much for the Honest Scrap Award! Your blog is great, full of great ideas and I always get so hungry looking at all of those fabulous cheeses :)

Thanks again!
Chelsea

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

You are quite interesting...I don't think my list could compare. I do thank you for the sweet note that you left me and for thinking of me, however, I just did a post about myself so I am going to pass this time. Thanks again.

~Country Lady~ said...

Thank you Lisa for honoring me with this award. I truly enjoyed learning about you, and you are indeed very interesting!! I will accept this award and share some of myself, but it may take a couple of days before I can find the time to really give it thought and share genuinely with blogland. I will though and again thanks for including me. You have a wonderful blog. Blessings!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I enjoyed reading your list!

We used to be beef producers. The only thing we ever did, as members of the organization, besides raise beef, was attend the annual beef producers dinner dance (local). That was fun!
Did you have fun on your pork producers trip to KC?:-)

Tee said...

Congrats, Lisa! You deserve this. And thanks so much for passing it on to me. I'm already one behind on award posts because I can't think of anything (interesting) that I haven't told yet, but I will!

I'm with you on #3. Maybe we need to get a Carolina bloggy girls trip to France going?

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Ooooh Tee, a trip to France is way too tempting!!! Hmmmm....

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WOw! I never knew a Pork Producers Convention chaperon. What an honor. Great list, I am most honored to be awarded! Thanks Lisa!

Unknown said...

I have been to both France and Italy, and I must tell you that I absolutely LOVED Italy. I found Paris to be not my best adventure, but I would certainly return. Nice was wonderful, however. Italy ... could live there with no problem. I hope you get to take all of your desired trips. Crock Pot Wednesday is an event that I host each week and would love for you to participate. Come check it out.