Thursday, September 3, 2009

Holiday House 2008: Shall We Go In?

Let's go inside and take a peek! Each year a newly built house is decorated by professional Interior Designers and the money it raises is donated to local charities here in Greensboro, NC. This is the house from last year and I am already looking forward to the upcoming house for this year.

Yesterday I posted photos of the outside of this home and now it is time to go inside. This home was made to have a French Chateau feel and there were Fleur de Lis and Roosters everywhere.

This room had doors that opened to the outdoor patio/terrace complete with an outdoor fireplace and bar.


Look closely and you can see a rooster at the top of the Christmas Tree.



















Nice stone fireplace with a raised hearth and of course who doesn't love built in shelves?




Let's take a look upstairs. I love this carpet runner. The hand railing is painted black and take a look at the tassel hanging on a Fleur de Lis hook on the door. Details!

This is not a very good shot but it is a craft room/office. I liked the soft aqua and brown color combination.


This is a cute little girl's room. Sorry I cut off the pink crystal chandelier.

One of the many bathrooms.
Okay, now for my favorite part of the house....the kitchen!

Love how the refrigerator is paneled and the built in wine cooler was very nice.
Look over at the green door with with the window....that is the pantry!
The counter tops were granite of course and look how cute the rooster fabric is on the chairs and on the bar stool cushions.


The base of the island was finished in this beautiful antiqued blue. I like the corbel detail too.


Now who wouldn't like to entertain when you have a house like this? Just beautiful. I can't wait to see what the house for this year is going to look like. I take you on a tour as soon as I see it!

6 comments:

~Country Lady~ said...

What a wonderful feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing. I love that kitchen!! Very very nice. I hope you have a delightful holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home. But I can't even think about Christmas right now. I'm ready for fall. :-)

Stacey said...

That is the kind of southern home that I love! All of the woodwork and the beautiful colors...I could move right in. :) Now I'm looking forward to this year's home.

joyh82 said...

Wow what a beautiful home. I especially love the little girls
room with the chandy and the beautiuful kitchen. Love that planning desk area.

Paris Pastry said...

That kitchen is to die for!!! I love that antique old (French) style.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, this is beautiful! The details do make it sing. Love the patterned chair in the office/craft room. The kitchen is fantastic ~ I'd love that pantry door.