Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beer Cheese Dip

Football season is upon us and after walking around Chapel Hill last weekend while everyone was tailgating I started thinking about Football Friendly Foods. This Beer Cheese Dip is addictive and what football fan doesn't like cheese and beer?? And it's spicy. :) I will be making it on Saturday for the Michigan vs Notre Dame game. I like to serve this with Stacy's Simply Naked Chips . This is also good spread on a slice of deli roast beef and rolled up and secured with a tooth pic if you want to make an appetizer plate for a bunch of hungry football fans. Either way, I love this dip!



Beer Cheese Dip
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded (Sharp cheese is best if you have it.)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup beer
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)


Combine all ingredients in mixer or food processor and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Serve with Naked Pita chips. I recommend you double this....I have even tripled it for a really big party.


No comments: