Thursday, September 24, 2009

Candy Corn Re-cycled?

Yes it is another black and white harlequin decoupaged treasure made by me the newly crowned Decoupage Queen. :) I also found this little lidded candy dish at the Goodwill for $1.49 this morning and it is perfect for holding the candy corn.



I love candy corn....unlike Chelsea at her Room to Inspire Blog. She is one of the blogs I passed the "Honest Scrap Award" to and she wrote a funny item in her "10 Things About Me" post including how much she hates candy corn. How can anyone hate candy corn?

My kids used to wipe out the candy corn jar the same day I would fill it but not anymore. I now save what is left of the candy corn at the end of the season and I put I put it in a baggy and keep it for the next year. That is the corn you are seeing in the jar today. It is from last year! It really doesn't taste all that great. The kids take a few pieces...get a funny look on their face and they pretty much leave what is left in the jar alone. There is nothing wrong with it really....just a little bit stale is all.
I haven't purchased any new corn yet but I will...I like Brach's the best. It is just too early to be eating candy corn.....we need to wait till at least the first of October anyway...and then I will spring for a fresh bag. Does that make me a bad Mom???

6 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Ha! Ha! ...Maybe I should try buying a bag and keeping it a year....maybe then it would stick around longer then a day!!! My man ate an entire, (LARGE) bag in two days..Those glass pumpkins hold a lot of candy! I thought I was buying it for decoration...Ha! the disapearing decoration!!! LOve your new jar...My glass pumpkin came from the GW too...gotta love that GW. xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Yes, I read about Chelsea's dislike for candy corn ~ that's okay, more for us! : ) I came home from work today to a large bag of candy corn on my counter. I thought my son bought it for all of us, but he has a girlfriend now and, apparently, she loves candy corn. So, yeah, I don't get any candy corn until I buy my own it seems.

Love your tray with the harlequin pattern.

~Country Lady~ said...

Looks great!! I love that harlequin pattern. I also love candy corn...but not stale candy corn! I wanted to let you know I did what I promised...I participated in the Honest Scrap award that you so thoughtfully gave to me. I appreciate your friendship through blogland. Blessings!

susan said...

I just ambled here somehow and got a kick out of your candy corn trick! I hate to admit it, but it may be one of the few candies I don't like--yours would be safe with me :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hate candy corn? That aint right....

stacycakes said...

i hate candy corn too, but i always decorate with it!!:)