Tuesday, September 8, 2009

For the Child Who Has Everything or The Devil Chair

I was out browsing in a consignment store called "The Red Collection" here in Greensboro the other day and look what I found. I was so shocked I had to take a picture of it. This is a miniature chair for a child!!!!!!!!!!! The tag on it said "Moon Face" chair. Zoom in and tell me that is not the face of the DEVIL!! Who would put their child in this thing? Look at the arms on it. There are beasts carved into each one. Gargoyles!


Now just where did this chair come from? I would love to know it's history. Somehow I just cannot picture some sweet little toddler scootchin' his or her little behind into that chair.

"No Mommy....please not the chair!! I'll be good I promise!" Look at it. It looks like it is reaching out to grab whatever comes it's way! Evil I tell you!



This is the stuff of nightmares. And I don't think a can of Heirloom White spray paint is going to help or make this anything close to shabby chic.

Now decorating with this for Halloween maybe I can see.
But if you put a toy clown in it.....I'm done.

2 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

LOL @ the clown in the chair comment! I guess it could have been an original time-out chair, scared the devil right out of those kids. Great post!

akawest said...

Ew, if you sat back, it looks like it would bite you.

On a more pleasant note, your beer cheese recipe sounds delicious.