Saturday, September 12, 2009

More Spray Paint Fun

I have heard lots of praise on some of the other decorating blogs about the wonders of American Accents Heirloom White Smooth Satin Finish Fast Drying Spray Paint by Rust-oleum and so I finally had to go out and get me some. This was a quick project. I had a frame that was a bit too much. Too much black, too much burgundy, and way too much gold. So in a mater of minutes I changed it and I love the results.




Here is the before. Not bad....very French looking and you know how I love that but it was a bit extreme.


I layed it on a thick plastic bag and gave it 2 coats of paint allowing it to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes in between coats. And here are the results!


Very happy with the the new look. I need to find a special photo to put in it and move it around the house a bit till I find a good spot for it. Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This looks great. I have several frames that need spray paint! Thanks for the inspiration.

~Country Lady~ said...

I liked it the black/gold/burgundy BUT I LOVE it the new Heirloom white. The new color will allow the photo you place in it to take the spotlight. Before the frame would've competed for attention. Nice transformation. I need to try this paint color out on something...hmmmm, I will figure it out. Thanks for the inspiration. I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I was looking for the Heirloom White at Michaels today and they didn't have it. I am determined to try that one myself, Lisa. The frame looks great in the white! I'm sure it will fit in nicely wherever you decide to put it.

Fifi Flowers said...

PRETTY frame redo!
WOW... you have some of the photos that I have painted in your sidebar!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Lisa this is such a pretty frame painted white. ~Perfection!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wow what a difference a little white spray can make...looks great! I'm having trouble finding this paint...where did find yours?
Blessings,
Linda

Karen said...

The wonders of spray paint. I think the frame looks better in white too.

Room to Inspire said...

The frame looks great in white. I LOVE spray paint...it can make such a huge impact!

Chelsea