Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting Tired of All the Chicken

Our daughter is away at College and I miss her. But she is coming home this weekend because as she puts it...she is really tired and not getting much sleep there. Ha! I know why she is not getting much sleep there but that is okay. I am glad she is having fun but it will be nice to have her home for a couple of days. She helps to buffer the testosterone in our house I am just now finding out. The 10th Grade Son is back to school....hating most of his teachers, fighting with his homework and running in a Cross Country Meet tonight. My husband is up at "Men's Night" playing tennis. Both are about to come through the door all sweaty, pumped up from all the athletic activity and the male bonding and the first thing out of their mouths is going to be What's for dinner?
Tenth Grade Son only eats 5 things. Husband only eats 7. Okay, I am exaggerating but only a little. You could not accuse either one of them of being a "foodie". Tenth Grade Son eats a lot of peanut butter. He also likes chicken. Husband likes chicken. And so we eat a lot of chicken in our house. Oh, and ice cream. The boys like their ice cream. My chicken, peanut butter, and ice cream budget is huge. And I am not allowed to run out of BBQ Sauce like I did last week....there was hell to pay. They put it on their chicken. I am getting tired of chicken. And did I mention that they like Pizza? Getting tired of that too.

When College Daughter is here we eat fun salads. She eats and enjoys vegetables like I do. More broccoli ? Why yes, don't mind if I do. Thank you! She likes to go to Panera for soup, salads and sandwiches. Tenth Grade Son likes to go to Steak and Shake, Subway and Wendy's. His favorite treat is "The Baconator" and he likes to save that for when he is really, really hungry. When is he not really, really, really hungry? He is already taller than the refrigerator. Do they ever stop growing?

College Daughter likes to shop and browse. Tenth Grade Son isn't going shopping unless it includes an hour at "Game Stop" and a Mocha Frappachino from Starbucks. I know....he likes Starbucks. Go figure. So I am looking forward to this weekend when College Daughter comes home to sleep in her own bed. Maybe we can sneak a lunch and some shopping in before she heads back to school and I have to start making chicken again.

3 comments:

PAT said...

What is it about guys and their aversion to veggies?! It's a mystery!

Hope you and your daughter get to go shopping and to Panera's. I love their take two! Veggie sandwich and soup or salad is usually my choice or turkey with the soup or salad. I love my veggies!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway. Good luck!

Quiltpiecer said...

I SO enoyed reading your post! I had to smile & laugh. My DD lives in TN ... miles away ... but we so enjoy our time together whenever we can manage it. But 10th grade son sounds just like my two boys ... lots of peanut butter, chicken and pizza at my house too ... so I can relate! Thanks for sharing!!