Thursday, December 10, 2009

27 Christmas Questions

This was kind of fun to do. I saw this questionnaire over at Kelly’s Dare to be Domestic Blog where she posted her answers to the following questions. It was fun to read her answers and then I decided why not, so here it goes.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love the look of wrapped presents. Stacks of them! Gift bags are good for teachers, neighbors, and friends. But for under the tree it has to be wrapped.

2. Real or artificial? Both. I have two fake trees. The one in the dining room has food, fruits, and vegetables on it because well…it’s a dining room tree! My other fake tree is in the front window. We got our first real tree in many years last year and will continue with this new tradition and put it in the family room. Our daughter works at a Christmas tree lot that our friends own and she shamed us into getting a real tree. I have to say it is nice to have that fresh tree scent back in our house again at Christmas. All the family decorations like ornaments from vacations, handmade, and the one’s the kids made are placed on this tree. This is the tree that we decorate while listening to the Nutcracker.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we put it up the day after Thanksgiving. Now that our First Year College Student is away we will wait till she gets finished with exams and comes home for the holidays. I put up the fake ones right away.

4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas. It never lasts till New Year’s.

5. Do you like egg nog? Cough, cough, gag, gag. I don’t do thick and creamy white beverages.

6. Favorite gift as a child? Chatty Cathy doll and a big black Royal typewriter and a clock radio.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have two. I have one that I bought when we were first married with a creche. Then just a week or so ago I found a white porcelain set at Goodwill for $4.99. It’s lovely. :)

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. The only thing he ever says that he wants is “World Peace”.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Daughter. She is happy with anything and everything. And my son because he is always happy to supply me with a list.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? My husband gave me the DVD of the movie “Tin Cup” because I said I liked golf. Honorable mention: He also gave me a bagel cutter one year.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Regular mail for the Christmas cards definitely!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? "White Christmas" and "Love Actually".

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something that I think someone will like I get it. The trick is to not give it to them right away which I tend to do. Most of the shopping gets done a couple of weeks before the big day.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I honestly can say no to that.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint Bark from Williams Sonoma.

16. Clear lights or colored? Clear. Both inside and out.

17. Favorite Christmas song? “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams and I love the Carol of the Bells.

18. Travel or stay at home for Christmas? Stay at Home.

19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer? Of course! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph

20. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We have always opened on Christmas morning. It was easier to explain Santa that way. Husband grew up opening gifts on Christmas Eve. I grew up opening on Christmas morning. Some years we let the kids open one gift after we got home from Midnight Mass. Not sure what we’ll do this year.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the Christmas decorations to buy in the stores are already picked over or sold out the first week in December! It’s because stores are bringing their stuff out now before Halloween! Well, I am sorry but I don’t want to have to buy my holiday decorations in October!

22. Do you have an angel on top or a star? Copper angel on one, big bow on another and lots of spiky frou frou on the third.

23. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? The Santa on a Harley Davison inflatable.

24. Which looks best; theme trees or homey trees? I like “both kinds…Country and Western”…(that’s a line from The Blues Brothers. Had to sneak that in for my husband) :)

25. Gingerbread or sugar cookies. Sugar Cookies although I hate baking them. I can never get them off the cookie sheet without breaking them.

26. Favorite kind of Christmas cookie? Buckeyes

27. Do you like fruitcake? No, But…I recently tried “Southern Supreme” fruitcake which is mostly pecans and it was pretty tasty!

Okay…now it’s your turn!

4 comments:

Patricia said...

How fun was that?
I did it too!

Tee said...

I'm so glad you did this. My oldest friend sent me this a few years ago, before I knew blogging existed, and it was such fun I thought I might try to dig it up again. You did it for me! And I'm with you on the egg nog thing.

Shellbelle said...

Oh yes, this is fun! I did one on December 3rd on my blog with a lot of the same questions. I like the answer your husband gives for what he wants.

This is my first time to your blog and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, I'll be back!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I forgot about those crazy inflatable decorations! Good job! I love this list.