Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are You Hungry? Feast Your Eyes On My Christmas Food Ornaments

The tree in the dining room is up and decorated. It is the my “food” tree where I like to put all of my decorations that look like food on it. It still need to place some candy canes on it but for the most part it is finally up and done. :)

Christmas Ornaments 004

Love my banana.

Christmas Decorating 016

And so far the only new ornament I bought this year is the cute little dessert dome with the cupcake in it. Christmas Ornaments 005

I picked it up at Kohl’s way back in October…don’t get me started on why you have to buy Christmas decorations in October! I had to get it then thinking I would never see it again and then I just saw a similar ornament at Pier One a couple of nights ago!

Christmas Ornaments 016

My favorite kind of pie is lemon meringue. And there is my mushroom ornament…

Christmas Decorating 017

My mushroom was a gift from my friend “M” who last year gave me a set that included a carrot, an onion, and a garlic bulb. Beautifully made.

Christmas Ornaments 021

I like the light in this photo. Hard to see but my asparagus with a red ribbon tied around it is hiding in the background.

Christmas Ornaments 006

There is my garlic bulb…

Christmas Decorating 018

Hot dog for lunch followed by a slice of cherry pie anyone?

Christmas Decorating 021

Or would you prefer a hamburger? I saw a an ornament that looked like a submarine sandwich yesterday that I think I have to go back and get in honor of my son. He would be perfectly happy to eat Subway everyday.

Christmas Ornaments 024

And you know the girl with the “Pickles and Cheese” blog has to have a “pickle”. But can you believe I still haven’t found a “cheese” ornament that I like yet?

Christmas Ornaments 026

Now I know this isn’t a “food” ornament but I wanted to show you another ornament I just finished making for my son. I came across another vintage photo that I loved…this one has a bunch of boys in their itchy wool 1920’s bathing suits looking like tough guys. I just had to personalize it with my son and his buddies. Boys could care less about ornaments for the tree but this one actually made him smile!

14 comments:

Beadboard UpCountry said...

I wasn't hungry but I am now! I love those ornaments! And I have to admit my favorite is uh the Hamburger. I wonder if they'll start making gourmet ornaments like escargots?HMMMMM.Thanks
Maryanne:)

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I love that! I never realized there were so many "food " ornaments to choose from. Very cute! I love the mushroom.

Thanks for sharing! No, time to go make lunch . . . hehe

Patricia said...

YUMMYYY!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Yum, Lemon pie is my favorite too.
I didn't see a donut on there????
I love your food ornaments and they are unique. Beautiful way to display on the tree in the diningroom.
Love it!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

How cute! Now I will be noticing all the food ornaments in the stores. I love the cupcake dome.

Wendy said...

I love this tree!! What a great idea and your cupcake on the cake stand is just too cute!
Wendy

Brenda Pruitt said...

A food-themed tree! How clever. I love it!
Brenda

Anne Lorys said...

Those are darling!
I have a weird fake food fetish, so those ornies are right up my alley.
Love your blog!
Hugs,
Anne

Karen said...

My kids would love the food ornaments! We do have a pickle on our tree.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

So the search is on for a wedge of cheese ornament? : ) Love the food themed trees in a dining room or kitchen!

Karen said...

The domed cupcake is perfect for this year, since you made a similar cake dome. I buy the kids ornaments based on one of their interests or events of that year. Then I date them. When they get a place of their own, they'll have a 'starter set'.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

I don't think I've paid attention to food ornaments before but they are really cute! My fave is the cupcake. So cute. So shiny. Asparagus ornaments??? Wow! I guess they don't have spaghetti? {I'm watching Elf and Will Farrell is pouring syrup on the spaghetti...that's why I was thinking of it.}

The Daily Connoisseur said...

ha! This is so cute! I love the hot dog... love your theme :)

RNSANE said...

I have never noticed food ornaments before...but you seem to have acquired an entire tree full of them. Amazing!