Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Kiss Cocktails

image

Our neighborhood Christmas Tree Parade Party is tonight. It was a great idea that a friend of ours came up with since most of us who live in our neighborhood are from somewhere else and most of us do not have any family around to enjoy all the work we put into decorating our homes and Christmas trees. The Tree Parade lets us take turns hosting and let’s us oooooh and ahhhhhh over each other’s Christmas decorations. I think it is a great idea. And this year I am especially thinking it is a great idea since I don’t have to be one of the hosts! I took my turn last year. :)

We visit three houses over the course of the evening. The first home is usually appetizers and cocktails, the second home is the main course, and the third is dessert and after dinner drinks. Last year we hosted the last stop on the parade. It didn’t end until the wee hours of the morning. I thing everyone was in the mood for Christmas Cheer that night. ;)

I served hot Irish coffee, the usual beer and wine, and these wonderful little cocktails called a “Christmas Kiss”.

I made them by the pitcherful and they were well received!

Having a party and looking for something new to serve? These were definitely a hit.

CHRISTMAS KISS COCKTAILS

3 cups cranberry juice cocktail

1 cup vodka

1/2 cup Amaretto

1/4 cup fresh orange juice

Ice Cubes

Clementines, peeled, separated into segments, fresh cranberries, and fresh lime wedges for garnish.

Mix cranberry juice, vodka, Amaretto, and orange juice in pitcher. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

DO AHEAD!: Can be prepared one day ahead. Keep refrigerated.

(Want to make only one? In a shaker filled with ice, mix 3 shots cranberry juice, 1 shot vodka, 1 shot ammaretto, and 1 Tbsp. orange juice. Shake well and pour! )

I am linking this post up to FOODIE FRIDAY over at Designs by Gollum. Stop by for more great recipes!

image

Cheers!

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This sounds delicious! I may whip up a pitcher for my Christmas Eve gathering.

Donna said...

We are having a Progressive Dinner in the neighborhood tomorrow. This sounds like a great cocktail to make!
Thanks
Donna

Danielle and Clint said...

You'll have to post pictures of the parade! Sounds like such a cute idea.

Stacey said...

Now that sounds like fun!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a nice neighborhood event.
I also like the Christmas Kiss Cocktail, I think I'll try it!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

this sounds so tasty - thank you for this recipe and THANK YOU for the sweet comments on my blog! ox

Rattlebridge Farm said...

What a divine drink! Have fun at your party tonight!

KimMalk said...

These sound good and I want to join in that tree viewing party. Nothing like that is going on here- sad.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

How fun- and that cocktail sounds delicious... very festive! xo