Monday, December 21, 2009

Some More Christmas Decor

Christmas STuff 019

We were finally able to get a photo taken of the kids with the dog this weekend. My husband and son started building an igloo with all the snow we got this weekend and so we put the kids in front of it for their photo.

Christmas STuff 002

Here are my Wal-Mart berry trees. I have had these for years. I have to store these in my husband’s closet most of the year because number one, there is more room in his closet than mine (I wonder why?) and because two, the heat and cold from the attic would destroy them.

Christmas STuff 017

Ever hear of Mark Robert’s Santa Fairies? I saw my first one a few years ago and decided to bring one home with me. I wouldn’t call myself a “collector” just yet as I only have two but I do love them. They are very detailed.

Christmas STuff 013

The stripped candy cane Santa is not a Mark Roberts but the one with all the feathers is and I have to say he is my favorite. I love his little wire eyeglasses and he has a bird on his head and in one of his hands. You can see his fairy wings peeking out from behind him. The stripped candy cane Santa is nice and “bendy” so I like to wrap him around the lamp each year.

Christmas STuff 012

When my kids were little they played with these nesting Santa's every year…now no one plays with them so I just like to display them.

Christmas STuff 001

I added a new ribbon to the candle I made out of recycled magazines. The bigger bow and green ribbon were a definite improvement.

Christmas STuff 011

Here is my mini collection of wood Santa’s all carved by my Dad. The Snowman was made and given to me by my Aunt Gayle (my Dad’s sister) who passed away this summer. I am so glad to have this little snowman. My Aunt loved to make things. :)

Christmas STuff 007

Love all the Christmas colors in this candle stick ring.

Christmas STuff 004

And my good friend Nicole gave this Snowman to me years ago. He’s the guest of honor in the powder room. :)

Christmas is almost here! Are you ready? Me…not so much. I still have shopping and baking to do and I haven’t wrapped a single gift yet! Help!

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love those Mark Roberts' pieces, Lisa. I'd love to get a few myself. Maybe after Christmas {if they go on sale} : ). What a talent in your family! My Dad likes to make different things from wood, too. I still have a couple of things to get, but I have to buy them. I'm hoping to manage that between tomorrow and Thursday morning ~ fingers crossed!

Karen said...

It's definitely looking a lot like Christmas around your house!

Patricia said...

I love your style ~ everything is so beautiful and the colors are wonderful!
Merry Christmas

Karen said...

I love the carvings from your dad! I agree with Karen--it's really looking a lot like Christmas at your house!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking like Christmas at your house...it's all sooooo pretty! Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Linda

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute Lisa! I am still trying to get everything done:)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas - I think you are just the sweetest!

XOXO
Jen

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Your kids are gorgeous! I love the igloo. My boys kept talking about building one, but ultimately, they're too darn lazy!

I have to find me some of those Mark Robert's Santas for my collection. Love 'em!

Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

All of your Santas are so cute. I like the photo too of the kids in front of the igloo. You know that I am ready for Christmas...I didn't do anything:) The only thing I have to do is wrap Caden's Ipod Touch that he is getting. I hope that you have a great Christmas.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

love that elf- he is adorable!