Sunday, December 6, 2009

It’s Beginning to Look a Little Bit Like Christmas

We finally got started with the decorating inside the house. Well, I should say “I” instead of “We”. The other half of my “We” watched football while I dug around in the storage boxes. The two trees are still bare but I found some of my Santas and some of the other little things I like to put out each year. I really need to get more organized. I am still missing some boxes and not sure where to look for them!

Christmas Decorating 029

The photo frame above is waiting for the First Year College Student daughter to come home for Christmas so that we can take the annual Christmas picture. I found the frame at TJ Maxx earlier in the week. It is nice and sparkly. It’s just waiting for a great photo.

Christmas Decorating 003

I actually have two sets of these little elves. I bought this first set about 20 years ago at a Church Bazaar.

Christmas Decorating 022

Then about 10 years ago I saw this set at another craft show and had to have it too. For all you crafter out there these would make a cute project!

Christmas Decorating 009

I was able to put some of my Santas together. The ones I could find anyway. There are more in a box somewhere. Now to the real work. The trees. I hope to make some progress in that department real soon. :)

7 comments:

RNSANE said...

Your Christmas array is delightful. Once it's daylight, I plan to haul out a few boxes msyelf...everyone is putting me to shame.

Karen said...

I love the arrangement you did here. It just screams Christmas. Hope your holiday season is filled with fun.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Cheerful, Christmasy, Festive! It's beautiful!!

Melanie said...

I like the 'I' inside of 'we.' That is the same thing that happens in our household. Yesterday, my husband did a few honey do's during the first set of football games but was done by the time Alabama & Florida came on. You know, no Christmas at our house this year so I will just enjoy all of yours. LOL

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You're Santas remind me of the great ones Home Goods carries. I can't tell you how many I've gotten from there. I love the Noel elves; so cute! I am sure I am missing a box of decorations too. I'm sure I'll find it in January!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

First of all I would like to thank you for coming over to my blog and leaving a very nice comment about my Pearl Harbour post.
Now, I love, love your holiday settings and the fact that you have a frame waiting for your family picture is just priceless.
Are those some Mark Robert's fairies that I spy. Ooohhhhh, love those. There is a place in Calabash, NC, just five miles from me. It's called Callahans. Inside their Christmas Shop are hundreds of the MR fairies. They are hanging everywhere, and I love them!
I love your blog too, so I'm signing up. Please come back and visit me again soon.

Karen said...

You ARE putting us to shame! :) I love your Santas! Our "we" is THEY bring down the boxes and put the tree together (yes-we went artificial) and I do the rest. The boxes have been down for 24 hours, no tree, yet. Merry Christmas, Lisa!