Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Bulb Jackpot!

Christmas Bulbs 031

I feel like I hit the Christmas Bulb Jackpot at the Goodwill today. $1.99 for each box of ornaments!!

Christmas Bulbs 005

The striped ones are my favorite. They have that retro thing going on! Do I have enough containers??? Because none of these are going on the trees. No room! And I don’t want to have to get another tree. (And I think another tree would put hubby over the edge.) :)Christmas Bulbs 012

A couple of weeks ago I brought home this wonderful glass terrarium. I haven’t had a chance to boast about it to you all yet so let me take the opportunity to do so today! Yes, it was goodwill find and I honestly only paid $2.99 for it. Honest! See…zoom in on the orange price tag that I left on the side for you. I couldn’t believe my luck that day. Well, it has been sitting empty until today when I filled that baby up with some orange and blue Christmas bulbs.

Christmas Bulbs 008

So bright and colorful!

Christmas Bulbs 021

Next stop….the mantle where I filled a couple of Hurricanes with these burgundy and green bulbs.

Christmas Bulbs 020

Then it was time to visit the dining room….

Christmas Bulbs 029

Here are my favorites of the bunch. These striped retro bulbs have some texture to them and came in orange, green, and blue.

Christmas Bulbs 028

Remember my white “Fleur de Lis” bowl…another great Goodwill find? (I used this bowl on my Thanksgiving table and filled it with the natural decorator balls that you can still get for free with the purchase of 4 cards from American Greetings.) Today I replaced those natural balls with my new retro Christmas bulbs and filled it to the top.

Christmas Bulbs 031

May your Christmas be colorful and bright!

I am linking this post up to Bobbypins Booardwalk where she is hosting a Bragfest!! You know I am all about bragging when it comes to my GW finds. Stop by for more bragging!

19 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Oh my gosh!! Your Goodwill is waaaaay better than mine!! LOVE THESE!!

The striped ones are my favorite too!

Looks GREAT!

Lou Cinda :)

RNSANE said...

I have never been into a Good Will and found much of anything - though I have donated some pretty nice things! You must always have the GW fairy hovering over you.

You also are incredible at decorating! Great job!

Alicia said...

SCORE!! You did great. I so love Goodwill. I've seen lots of boxed ornaments but none in such great shape as the ones you found or such great colors. I love that terrarium...gorgeous!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I LOVE the burgundy and green ones! So pretty and would fit in my house! ; ) No more trees, huh? Maybe they will have a little one at Goodwill that you could get away with, without hubby starting to twitch!

Wendy said...

You hit the jack pot! What fun! They all look great!

Karen said...

That's it-I'm coming to your hometown! You always find the best stuff.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Gotta love that Goodwill and my favorite too, is Habitat.
A new Goodwill just opened near me and it is so upscale looking. They have all the clothes and stuff all color coordinated and the home stuff displayed so nicely. The prices are good too. In fact, I better go tomorrow.
I like the stripe balls the best too. All your containers are pretty wonderful as well. Good job.

Stacey said...

Wow that is a bonus! They are pretty and there are so many. You could do one of those cute wreaths some people have been making. I like them in the conservatory and the jars.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Okay, I'm almost really hating you AND your Goodwill. Naahhh . . . just kidding! I'm just jealous my Goodwill totally stinks compared to yours. I'm sending you a money order for tons of money for you to shop at your Goodwill for me. I don't care what you pick out. Everything you buy is terrific stuff that I would probably snatch right out of your cart if I was in the same store as you! LOL

Thanks for sharing - I LOVE both sets of the orange and blue ornaments. Great finds!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello~I've just strolled in for my first visit...The striped retro balls were my favorite pick. They're all a great found treasure! I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. You've got so many wonderful ideas. Your blog is so beautifully inviting.
We share similar taste for so many of the same creative design elements.

As fall came to a close I looked forward to winter (that's fast approaching), bringing a festive inspiration for a few DIY decorations and gifts, with a little baking in between.
Don't you love the aroma that fills the air during this season?
My cat also appreciates the evergreens and an occasional ping pong toss of my (newly created and not yet dried) ornaments...

I've bookmarked you in my favs.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

Sweet holiday wishes,
Sara

Karen said...

You are amazing! Can I hire you to come back to MI and do my house? LOL!

akawest said...

Yeah for you!!! I love the striped ornaments, too.

The key to getting the good stuff at the GW here, is to arrive as they are opening the doors. I did this a few weeks ago by accident. When I arrived, there were people lining up at the door.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Whohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets hear it for the GW!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings....

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Gotta love GW...you never know what you will find. Lovin those orange and blue ones...those are the colors of my fav college football team! That terrarium was a outstanding deal!

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

The fact that you got these so cheap is great! -- the fact that you have the talent to display them in such amazing ways is the real beauty here. Your Christmas displays look stunning. The combination of items you put together works beautifully and I am so proud that you linked to the Boardwalk Bragfest today to share!

Melanie said...

I am crowning you the Queen of Goodwill! You find something every time you go in and then you do something so great with it. You have a great eye for things that you can do something with.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Room to Inspire said...

I think you feel like you hit the jackpot, because I think you did! Wow - gotta love Goodwill!

Chelsea

Paulette said...

I adore the striped ones! I got some vintage plastic striped ornaments this summer at a yard sale and can't wait to put them on my tree!