I got to thinking about my favorite movies to watch this time of year. Here they are in no particular order.
1. Love Actually: I am crazy for almost any movie that comes out of England...that quirky Brit humor. And how funny was that aging rocker?
2. Christmas in Connecticut: The original Martha Stewart.
3. White Christmas: Love this each time I see it. Great dancing and have you ever seen a waist that small on a human being?? And who drinks buttermilk when they can’t sleep??? (cough, cough, gag, gag.)
4. While you were sleeping: I love this movie anytime of year but especially at Christmas. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that family?
5. Home Alone: So entertaining. Love Chicago in the wintertime.
6. Elf: Such a cute and original move.
7. The Holiday: Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet swap houses over the holiday. Sweet movie and you get a taste of England too!
8. The Family Stone: Just saw this one on TV. We finally got digital cable and we keep finding new channels and this was on just the the other night. It makes me cry every time but I just love it. Quirky. And I love quirky!
9. A Charlie Brown Christmas: Technically not a a movie but it sure is cute and it takes me back……wayyyyyy back. :)
10. Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer: Again, not a movie but it is beloved by many. I Love Herbie the Dentist. This show made me cry when I was little and the Abominable Snowman scared me big time!
11. It’s a Wonderful life: This is my husband's favorite holiday movie.
12. About A Boy: Who knows all the words to "Santa’s Super Sleigh"?
I know I am forgetting some good ones. I have to thank Kelly at Kelly at Dare to be Domestic who just posted her top 10 holiday movies a day or two ago and made me think about what my favorites are. What are some of your favorites?