Thursday, December 31, 2009

An Unassuming Shopping Spot (Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.)

A very new and unassuming shopping spot has quietly opened in Summerfield, North Carolina.  It’s called Golden Antiques and Treasures and it is now occupying the formerly old, decrepit and vacant Food Lion.  I’ve have driven by it several times and the facade is not all that inviting but I stopped in anyway to have look-see and was pleasantly surprised.  Summerfield is a very rural area.  There is no “downtown” to speak of.  Really, all you will find shopping wise here is the “new” Food Lion” and Purgasons which is also know affectionately as the “horse store” and where you can find horseback riding gear like saddles and everything you could ever need to help take care of your riding and horse needs.  Any new business that open up here in my opinion is Big News! 

Golden Antiques and Treasures is series of booths that the vendors rent and there are all sorts of things for sale.   It is not a Flea Market.  The owners have a final say in what goods are allowed to be sold here.  And I like that.   Antiques, iron ware, hand bags, and art are just a few of the things you can find there.  One of my favorite booths I have to say was called “The Perfect Piece” and some of the most wonderful pieces of furniture and accessories could be found there.  This is the booth that I found these wonderful hand painted tables and trays. 

      Antique Store 005

How beautiful is this table with the hand painted yellow plaid ribbon?  Just gorgeous!

Christmas tree party 035

Now I have to admit that I have stopped into this store twice.  The first time was a few weeks ago before Christmas when I really didn’t have much time.  I loved this table and took a photo of it to show my husband think I might like this little number as a Christmas gift.  But after much thinking it over I decided against it because we really do not drink Chardonnay or any white wine really.  I still think its beautiful white wine or not!

Christmas tree party 036

Now I saw this beautiful tray on my first visit and snapped it’s photo to show my neighbor who told me she was looking for a tray to set on her ottoman.  I saw it again today in a different setting.  Still just a beautiful. (Sorry for the blurry photo.)

Antique Store 009

And take a look at this one….

Antique Store 007

This tray is also gorgeous!  You know how much I love that harlequin pattern!

    Antique Store 002

Yep, this is the place you want.  And don’t judge a book by it’s cover!!  There are lots of delightful things to find inside and if you like ice cream they just opened an ice cream parlor right next door.   I would love to see this business succeed.  The more diverse and unique shopping spots the better it is for all of us!  For all of you locals, if you are in the area stop by Golden Antiques and Treasures.  It is located on Hwy 220 North on the left side of the road as you are heading North just before the intersection of 220 and NC 150. 

Golden Antiques and Treasures

4537 Hwy. 220

Summerfield, NC  27358

336-399-9649

And lastly, before I go…I was delighted this morning when I learned that my blog was recognized as a favorite by Triad Smarty Pants.com!!  Triad Smarty Pants is a locally based blog and resource for families living in the Triad area of North Carolina which includes Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point.  It is a great resource for families and if you want to know what the latest is happening around town this is the place to be.   Lot’s of “Mom” information here too.  Check it out and take a peek at their list.  More new blogs to discover!  Thanks Triad Smarty Pants and if you are visiting me via their link…WELCOME!

4 comments:

akawest said...

Wow, everything that you posted was so pretty. I hope the store does well. If I lived closer, they would get some of my money!

Melanie said...

Don't you just love finding a diamond in the rough? I would have driven by this place without a second thought. Since I am in a new place, I might just have to stop and see what is inside even if I don't think it would be any good.

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Oh, I want to go shopping. Very nice.
I just found your blog... count me as a new follower!

Happy New Year!
~Amy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the harlequin tray! I adore places like that. I stroll about our antique mall in wonder. It is one of the few places I can be without children running over me or cell phones messing with my vibes of inspiration!
Brenda